Chai Latte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chai Latte

My neighbour told me of this recent bad visit to a cafe that she had.

She asked for a Chai Latte expecting chai tea or syrup. What she got was a coffee with spicy flavour - A Chai Latte!!

Chai syrup + Latte Coffee = Chai Latte??????

Re: Chai Latte

Nope, everywhere I have ever seen a chai latte is a syrup or powder base mixed with milk. Tried mixing coffee and chai powder - never ever again. Could be ok if it was a good quality spice mix maybe but I would send it back if I was served it.

Comment

They have started to change their recipe lately - maybe to many complaints.

Comment

hi guys,
        where is a good place to buy a chai latte? Im wanting to make one at home. is powder the best?

thanks in advance

Kevin

Comment

Where are you based? I know a certain cafe in Sylvania Waters that serves the best chai latte Ive tried.

You might want to phone (or send a PM to) Dennis at cuppacoffee (see sponsors list at left. That is - if you are in Sydney. if you arent I cant guarantee it will still be warm by the time it reaches you.

Oh, and Snobby Chai is the best chai mix Ive tried. I boiled some into a syrup following Dens recommendation and it was very nice

Comment

I am in the Blue Mountains and dont mind a late night Chai (please dont throw me off this forum for admitting that) Currently I am buying "Chai Me" from West Gosford, sold by Morgans Coffee of Emu Plains (foot of Blue Moutains)

Very very nice - not sickly sweet like some syrups

Comment

Snobby Chai from Bean Bay is the best, nuf said 8-)

Comment

I dont mind a late night chai myself - and have tried various such as T3 and other overpriced options as well as authentic indian chais in restaurants. Have not tried Snobby chai - will do so very soon.

I still prefer the Nerada Organic Chai which you can buy in the supermarket for about $5

Comment

When I went to India, I found that there were so many varieties and no set recipe. It all depended on the area and individual "Chai Wallah".

not quite 11 secret herbs and spices but just about.

I guess if you find one that you like in your price range and availably locally - go for it.

Comment

When I was in India about 36 years ago Chai was just a glass of black tea that you drank through a sugar cub held between your teeth. ;D ;D ;D.

Comment

In the Greek language
                      Chai is the the word used for tea
                      Pronounced chaee

KK 8-)

Comment

I dont mind a chai of some description from time to time.

From using them i would say that Coffee Alchemy make the best syrup i have used.. an i think it was El Toro(?) syrup has been the worste..tasted like a burnt pouch of tobacco EW!
                        Nothing has come close to slowly pouring stretched milk through a proper loose leaf punjabi chai tea and leaving it to brew.

Comment

I third  the Snobby Chai and definitely second Dennis at Cuppacoffee s Chai (I have the secret recipe for that one  8-) ).

I also have a container of powdered Bondi Chai that I bought from Di Bellas recently that is also nice, when Ive run out of Snobby and cant make the short 2.5 hour trip to Cuppacoffee and that is also nice.

I am an unashamed sweet tooth, though, and the Bondi is definitely sweet.

Cheers
                          Di

Comment

Working...
                          X