Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures not showing in CS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pictures not showing in CS

    Im using IE6 at work.

    It wasnt a problem when I was here last time but I dont have Admin rights on this PC.
    However Advanced settings = "Show Pictures" selected.

    Another problem (in case its a clue) is when clicking on a username to get to the link to their profile, I get a "Error on Page" message.

    Any clues?

  • #2
    Re: Pictures not showing in CS

    Originally posted by 7844594248495E4B43482C0 link=1249970430/0#0 date=1249970430
    when clicking on a username to get to the link to their profile, I get a "Error on Page" message.

    Any clues?
    Yeah, dont be so nosy. ;D

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pictures not showing in CS

      Do they have javascript disabled perhaps ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pictures not showing in CS

        Originally posted by 37353232313B38540 link=1249970430/2#2 date=1249973926
        Do they have javascript disabled perhaps ?
        I vote for that one too.

        You will also get some BeanBay grief with Javascript disabled.

        Tell your I.T. guys to relax bit, their locking machines down just makes the PCs less usable and wont protect them from real Internet nasties which will get past their feeble rules.
        ...I bet you still have access to USB ports, all sorts of bad stuff comes into businesses via thumbdrives.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pictures not showing in CS

          Originally posted by 0E322F343E3F283D353E5A0 link=1249970430/0#0 date=1249970430
          Im using IE6 at work.

          It wasnt a problem when I was here last time but I dont have Admin rights on this PC.
          However Advanced settings = "Show Pictures" selected.

          Another problem (in case its a clue) is when clicking on a username to get to the link to their profile, I get a "Error on Page" message.

          Any clues?
          I have IE6 at work and no probs for me but I have admin rights.

          Could be a policy edit thing but doubt it. Is it the only site affected? Have you tried a google image search? Otherwise, try resetting IE Security level to defaults. Also, see if it works on someone elses PC.

          Something else you might try is right click a picture, copy its URL and then try to open it directly in IE by paseing into the address area.

          Otherwise, get back to work!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pictures not showing in CS

            Java is enabled and up to date.

            I actually got a new PC recently because of previous java problems.

            Yes its only CS, I can see pics on other sites and with a google image search.

            Andy I have no control over the IT guys.

            Steve I cant right click and go direct to the url because I cant even see an icon where the pic should be.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pictures not showing in CS

              Hmmm...it  sounds like some sort of scripting issue as no other sites are affected.

              Try this image link http://coffeesnobs.com.au/ads/sponsor/coffeesnobs-brown04.jpg

              Otherwise try good ol MS Support. The MSKB article might help, but without admin rights...  :-/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pictures not showing in CS

                Originally posted by 7549544F454453464E45210 link=1249970430/5#5 date=1250059410
                Java is enabled and up to date
                Yep - but the site uses javascript. Try this experiment at home :

                IE>tools>internet options>security>custom level>scripting>active scripting>disable.

                Then refresh or restart IE and see if you have the problem.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pictures not showing in CS

                  Originally posted by 43495C4B4B445056250 link=1249970430/6#6 date=1250065624
                  Try this image link http://coffeesnobs.com.au/ads/sponsor/coffeesnobs-brown04.jpg
                  That picture I can see.

                  Let me clarify...its only pictures within posts I cant see.

                  I can see banners and avatars.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X