Beer Brewers Anonymous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Brewers Anonymous...

Just wondering how many of you are beersnobs too...I am proud to say I am possibly fussier about beer than i am coffee ("ducks for cover") ;D

I myself am a huge fan of James Squires range, Little Creatures range, Hargreaves Hill Pale Ale, Wicked Elf Pale Ale, Mountain Goats range, I cant be bothered making a complete list I would hurt my brain...

Bidtfaun would be the name of my brewery if I was to start one...I was into all grain brewing for a few batches toward the end of my last stint....bloody amazing how good it is...worth trying if you can spare 6-7 hours for making a batch...

Re: Any beersnobs here?

I know of one coffeesnob who would confess to being a beersnob.

Just dont jump to conclusions..... it is not me as Ill drink just about any beer

Comment

Originally posted by 6276620303320 link=1232160892/1#1 date=1232163557
      Ill drink just about any beer  
      I have to admit I will when I have no choice...but if there is choice (eh bro?)....then the snob comes out...

Comment

If you can get it, try some Erdinger (I think that is how its spelt) - German Wheat Beer, very nice. Also if its avail in Aus some Speights Distinction Ale. Macs Gold or Black Macs.

How can you be a beer snob on Aussie Beers tho? :P

Comment

I am indeed a beer snob and can struggle down a couple of carlton draught but could last all night on a single stubbie of vb. Im getting a couple of mates together to try http://ubrewit.com.au

Comment

aussie microbrewery scene is world class..some have a fair export market....have you tried them? :P

nevertheless I do enjoy some US beers like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
            European beers like Pilsner Urquell
            Not huge on wheat beers myself..prefer barley malt beers mostly..

Comment

I am something of a beersnob...the best drop I have tasted is Whispering Wheat from New Zealand...via my home brew set up!

Cheers

PS. Many years ago you wouldnt drink home brew...these days with much of the home brew available and done with love I wouldnt drink commercial beer (except perhaps Coopers but that is because it reminds me of home brew

Cheeeeeeeeerrrsss

Comment

Some interesting options here, Ill try and find some.

My standard snobby beer is Little Creatures Pale Ale--on tap. If I cant find that then a Coopers Sparkling Ale, or Pale Ale in desperation.

I used to like Heineken, but now its brewed in Aust. it tastes completely different.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 0A3C37382D362B590 link=1232160892/3#3 date=1232164337
                  How can you be a beer snob on Aussie Beers tho?  

oooh -- thems foightn wurdz...  >

cept if you mean that p*ss sold by CUB or Fosters -- couldnt agree more.

I mean, why would you bother when theres so much good "off the shelf" stuff available?

Not to mention the great microbreweries around now -- heres a few more: Beechworth in Vic, Knappsteins in SA, Feral in WA...

Little creatures is way over-rated tho (IMHO )

Comment

I am a beersnob. OG and I brew our own. The only aussie beer brand I will buy is Coopers.

Im with you on the full grain beers. A lot of work, but boy are they worth it.

Comment

I confess to being a beersnob. Am always on the look-out for a high quality brew.

I cant drink standard mass produced beer (tooheys, vb, carlton, xxxx, etc...) either in bottle or draught.

My favourite bottled beer is Samuel Adams Boston Lager (but very pricey if and when I can get it).

However, I am very fortunate to live a few hundred metres from my favourite drop of all - being the beer brewed on-site at George IV Inn, Picton (NSW) - Sharers Lager and Burragorang Bock. (They also have it at the Australian Hotel in at The Rocks, but its not nearly as good.)

What we lack in quality coffee around here is (IMMHO) made up for by the beer.

Comment

I was introduced to a few of the German wheat beers a couple of years ago by a friend, and Ive never looked back, and my bank balance hasnt caught up yet either .
                        My favourites in that category would be, in no particular order:
                        Paulaner, Maisels Weisse and Hoegaarden.
                        Ive also just recently had the pleasure of sampling a great local (ACT) micro-brewery called Zierholz. Theyre in Fyshwick and have a great little bar and tasting area there. The only problem with them is that you cant get takeaway, unless you want a mini-keg, and they have a limited selection of outlets. Oh well, its a good excuse to venture over the Clyde mountain every once in a while though .

Comment

Originally posted by 42445742494047505151250 link=1232160892/4#4 date=1232165393
                          Im getting a couple of mates together to try http://ubrewit.com.au
                          You should be happy with it too.
                          We first tried u-brewit about 5 years ago when they opened in Geelong, its a fun day out with a group of friends. If you do it with enough people you can brew a lot os different beers and split them up between you.

They had a coffee beer (hmmm so so) but their Indian Pale Ale was a stunner.

Comment

Originally posted by 77544D5E423B0 link=1232160892/11#11 date=1232175497
                            I was introduced to a few of the German wheat beers a couple of years ago by a friend, and Ive never looked back, and my bank balance hasnt caught up yet eitherShocked.
                            My favourites in that category would be, in no particular order:
                            Paulaner, Maisels Weisse and Hoegaarden.

I like the Hoegaarden too, but its not a German wheat beer. Its a Belgian white beer. Nothing like German weizen. Plus it has coriander and orange peel added. As you can see, Im a beersnob too

Comment

Definitely a beersnob am I
                              Will drink carleton draught if i have to but my faves are
                              • James Squire Amber Ale
                              • Coopers Pale Ale
                              • Coopers Sparkling
                              • Boags St George
                              • Kilkenny
                              • Guiness
                              • Any Little Creatures

Always on the look out for one i have not tried.
                              I also brew beer but they are not in the same standard yet.

Mal

Comment

Working...
                              X