X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin bike

I need some advise from the Snobs who go to the gym regularly

Im looking a buying a spin bike to add to my home fitness gear

What is a good brand and an honest price for a quality spin bike?

Thanks for any information

Regards,
    Warren.

Re: Spin bike

Repco has a light commercial model @ about $750

KK

Comment

For anyone other than you, Waz, Id say dont waste your money, its just an expensive clothes dryer!

But seeing as its you, it will probably get used...although make sure you dont jump on, exert yourself and get the shakes afterwards while youre trying to shoot!

No recommendations from me, other than my last one cost me $200 from K-Mart and turned in to an expensive clothes dryer after about 2 weeks!

;D

Cheers
      Di

Comment

I am with them inspite of the your sporting lean, exercise equipment is as boring as bat stuff.   I brought one of these a few months back qand I am loving it variable scenery, incentive to ride on further in search of decent non home coffee  : Circa $6-900 for a decent one with slightly wider tyres than an out and out racer. Mine with some bits was $750ish. Do a search for Flat Bar bikes or go talk to your local bike shop.

Only doing about 100km/week at present but heading for more as my work load quietens in the next month.

Comment

I second Beanflyings suggestion. Nothing beats a real bike. Just had mine serviced again after sitting in the garage untouched for a while. Loving it!

Scenery and real life beat a home gym anyday. Yes, yes, I know, horses for courses but had to put my bias in - get a real bike!

Comment

Originally posted by 4B7A6D7475727974621B0 link=1268967971/4#4 date=1268979680
            Nothing beats a real bike.
            So true. And that would be something along the lines of a Ducati.

Get a Ducati Warren - the adrenalin rush you get from riding one for an hour or so at high speed just has to be good for you!

I did try googling "riding motor bikes at high speed is good for you" to see if there is some scientific evidence out there to back up my theory, but for some reason I cant find it. I think this is more due to my google searching methodology rather than my theory being flawed in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by 7660656574767A73737070150 link=1268967971/5#5 date=1268982829
               And that would be something along the lines of a Ducati.

Get a Ducati Warren - the adrenalin rush you get from riding one for an hour or so at high speed just has to be good for you!  

I always get the feeling they are only running on 2 cylinders though Den...

;D

Comment

Originally posted by 7167626273717D74747777120 link=1268967971/5#5 date=1268982829
                And that would be something along the lines of a Ducati.
                Uncanny really, Ive been looking at one! Torn between a baby Ducati or a bigger Honda at the moment. Im being pushed in the direction of bigger, as the baby Duck is way less power than my last bike and I may just get bored - even with that nice Italian engineering under me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I would love a "real bike" but I realy dont have the time to go for a ride (work and training hours) > >

Thats the reason for chosing a spin bike, I can train in any weather or time and do it in front of the telly

One big bonus, the coffee will be ready when Im finished ;D

Tha Ducati idea__________________ I already have an Italian shiny thing

Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by 322936352E2932460 link=1268967971/8#8 date=1269034451
                    Thanks for the replies.

I would love a "real bike" but I realy dont have the time to go for a ride (work and training hours) > >

Thats the reason for chosing a spin bike, I can train in any weather or time and do it in front of the telly

One big bonus, the coffee will be ready when Im finished ;D

Tha Ducati idea__________________ I already have an Italian shiny thing

Warren.
                    1: A real bike can be dangerous to ya health

2: Train in all weather -

3: Coffee any time ;D

4: I already have an Italian shiny thing - Ya could have two...

Comment

Originally posted by 537C7577605F737C7375777F777C66120 link=1268967971/9#9 date=1269034895
                      1: A real bike can be dangerous to ya health

2: Train in all weather -

3: Coffee any time

4: I already have an Italian shiny thing- Ya could have two...  
                      All good points AM

Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by 29322D2E3532295D0 link=1268967971/8#8 date=1269034451

I would love a "real bike" but I realy dont have the time to go for a ride (work and training hours)

finding time to ride can be a pain sometimes. Not that Ive used one myself, but I wonder what the cost comparison is between a road bike/stationary trainer combo and a dedicated spin bike is. At least with the road bike/stationary trainer combo you have a road bike for the rare occasion you can get out, which you cant do with a spin bike.

Comment

Have you considered a roller for the best of both worlds?

They come with variable resistance so you can increase the intensity (a la spin). The downside is you cant vary it as easily. A job for your kids? "Keep daddys face purple junior". :P

Also...they require more balance to stay on (good for core muscles)

Comment

i have a spin bike - got it from deals direct for $200 about 6 months ago. Good quality - very sturdy. Bit of a bugger to put together though ( read the instructions)  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 0A3F262C78794F0 link=1268967971/12#12 date=1269043229
                              Have you considered a roller for the best of both worlds?

They come with variable resistance so you can increase the intensity (a la spin).  The downside is you cant vary it as easily.  A job for your kids?  "Keep daddys face purple junior".  :P

Also...they require more balance to stay on (good for core muscles)
                              I like this idea from Epic

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X