• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you ! Would you! Do This Job

Could you ! Would you! Do This Job

They call it The stairway to heaven!
    Just dont look down

Not for me thanks  

http://www.liveleak.com/mp53/player.swf?config=http://www.liveleak.com/mp53/player_config.php?token=07b_1284580365%26embed=1

KK

Re: Could you ! Would you! Do This Job

you would want to take the right light bulb....

i was getting vertigo just watching

Comment

Holy guacamole, not for me, I get dizzy standing on a chair to change a light bulb.

Comment

Been high and on some stuff that would make one shudder... The swaying was the thing that got me..

These guys...

Upper body strength and steroids in their backside.... That last bit on the outside of the red shaft... I am OK with... BUT IT WOULD BE MOVING !!!!

Then they clip off onto some old crappy gal pipe :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 08272E2C3B042827282E2C242C273D490 link=1289517507/3#3 date=1289528911
          Been high and on some stuff that would make one shudder..
          Well the first step on the road to substance abuse reform is admitting you have a problem... oh, I see, you mean climbing towers and such.

That is insane. Whatever those guys are paid, it isnt enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 070D180F0F001412610 link=1289517507/4#4 date=1289529777
            Originally posted by 08272E2C3B042827282E2C242C273D490 link=1289517507/3#3 date=1289528911
            Been high and on some stuff that would make one shudder..
            Well the first step on the road to substance abuse reform is admitting you have a problem... oh, I see, you mean climbing towers and such.  

That is insane. Whatever those guys are paid, it isnt enough.
            RBTL

However, if doing this job... No night before: Would be a prerequisite if ya ask me...

Comment

The trip from the top to the bottom should take around 12 seconds, depending on how you fall.

If your not a regular skydiver the first 6 seconds are lost to sensory overload, from my limited experience the next 6 seconds would be spent frantically trying to grab something, anything.

Couldnt even get one ristretto down in that little time!

Comment

I wonder who was filming from above ??

KK

Comment

I started watching and was thinking...Yeah! I can do this job. Might have to work on my muscles a bit, but otherwise I can do this.

I dont have a problem with heights as long as I trust the structure is sound, have a decent platform to stand on or am inside a cage or am hooked on a safety line. I dont even mind sway if I know I have a safety cage or line.

Then he climbs out of the cage and "free climbs", not hooked on! Now Im thinking Noooo, I dont want to do this! Then he starts climbing that red part at the top...still not hooked on! And wearing what seems to be loose fitting dodgy gloves too. Definitely not for me!

These guys are certified NUTS. I have had people committed to psychiatric institutions for less than that.

Comment

Yeah...

Takes a special kind of person to do this stuff alright. Climbing 100 Metre Lighting Towers is about my limit....

Mal.

Comment

Lordy!

I love heights, and any time I see something like this it reminds me of the time when I worked on Sydneys Gateway building. We had some long, narrow slabs of marble to instal and I scored the job of standing on top of the express lift, stabilising the length of marble with one hand and holding on to the cable with the other. 40 odd floors, very fast, and in almost total darkness was an experience Ill never forget.

Ah, the good old days! ;D

Dont know that I could do this guys job though, especially with some of those safety harness placements!

Comment

Originally posted by 0B2F262625251F0B2F332D2F400 link=1289517507/0#0 date=1289517507
                        Could you ! Would you! Do This Job
                        One word, two letters, first letter is N.............

Certified crazies

Comment

PS: I just realised these guys are wearing helmets! That would make me feel a whole lot better...NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by 57767D7D7A60130 link=1289517507/12#12 date=1289559461
                            PS: I just realised these guys are wearing helmets! That would make me feel a whole lot better...NOT!
                            It makes it easier to identify the body if they can find a whole head.

Comment

Do you get a parachute? Thats absolutely nucking futs. Id rather scrub the toilets in the grossest brothel in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X