Havent Washed Away Yet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havent Washed Away Yet...

You may have heard about there being a bit of water inland...

Well, I can confirm the reports...there is!!  ;D

Its all good here though well be Wee Waa Island for a few days. The weather prognosis doesnt look good but well cross that bridge when we get to it. At the moment, Im happy as the air is alive with the sound of helicopters, even to the extent of one being parked up in my neighbours yard for the night!

Anyway, just a shout out to a few others who are probably being inundated as well. Check in here and tell us your stories, let us know that youre ok or not!

Re: Havent Washed Away Yet...

Hows the road to Narrabri? Got a friend living in between there and WEE Waa!

Comment

Id say that the road up until you get to about 10 kms out of our town is alright. After that, its under water! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 6C7C70706B7E40787E731F0 link=1291637612/0#0 date=1291637612
        The weather prognosis doesnt look good but well cross that bridge when we get to it.
        After the water subsides.  

Reminds me of my childhood.
        I grew up in South Grafton and remember during one flood having to be rowed to hospital because of a bad bout of tonselitis.

Instead of the usual route via the road and bridge across the Clarence river, they merely rowed me in a straight line from South Grafton where I lived to the other side.

I lived only a few doors from the riverside and normally its about 500m across from that point.
        One day Im going to calculate the increased volume of water from just a small section of the river there.
        The number must be staggering.

I hope everyone comes through it OK.

Comment

We are going ok down here in Wagga but the next couple of days are the key, we have a heap of rain coming and no where for it to go. Hopefully it will all pass us by and the damage will be minimal, fingers crossed.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by 4E404D425543422C0 link=1291637612/4#4 date=1291690557
            We are going ok down here in Wagga but the next couple of days are the key, we have a heap of rain coming and no where for it to go. Hopefully it will all pass us by and the damage will be minimal, fingers crossed.
            I was wondering how you were going in WW with all this water. It sounds that certain parts are in danger whilst others are high & dry. Shepparton is "as flat as a S##t carters hat" the water just spreads out & fills the streets :-?

Steve.

Comment

We have some pretty good flood barriers the next problem is that we now have no where for storm water to go as the drainage system goes into the river.

Anyone interested can see pictures complied here by ABC Riverina http://www.flickr.com/groups/abcriverina/.

Fingers crossed for all the businesses and houses that are in the lower areas.

Brett

Comment

Thanks for checking in, Moto...I was wondering how you were doing.

Contrary to current media reports...Wee Waa did not get evacuated today. Were still here and the water is now at the major flood peak, it is no where near the back of the levy at my place.

Comment

Seems odd that it could be flooding and horrible everywhere, except Sydney is having great weather! I even anaged to get myself sunburned today!

Comment

Hey
                    We are in Albury and the clouds are coming over thick and dark, could be in for a rough night ahead.

Comment

Just think what might have been here in Wagga Wagga if the motion to " Remove the Levee Banks for asthetic reasons " was not defeated by one lonely vote last year.

I shudder to think where we would be now if that vote went the other way. Paddling to work maybe.

No sign of rain here:

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/radar.jsp?lt=radar&lc=055

Comment

Originally posted by 0032362738393F323633570 link=1291637612/8#8 date=1291709693
                        Seems odd that it could be flooding and horrible everywhere, except Sydney is having great weather! I even anaged to get myself sunburned today!
                        Not really... : Its a big country...we dont all always share the same weather you know...

Comment

Well most of the above places make the list of "delivery delays" that Star Track Express just sent out.

Sorry for the late coffee in those areas... Please keep your feet dry and Im afraid you are going to have ration your remaining stash until the trucks can get through again.

Star Track Express... tonight:

We are currently experiencing heavy rainfalls across parts of NSW and QLD. The following areas have been impacted and we are experiencing delivery difficulties as listed below.

QUEENSLAND FLOODS

Rockhampton:

All deliveries will be attempted but deliveries are now running 4 days behind

NSW FLOODS

Wagga Wagga Branch:

The only area affected by the floods is East Wagga Wagga. This area is unserviceable with around 50 deliveries being held at the Branch. All customers have been notified and are organising to pick up their freight or redirect to another location.

Orange Branch:

The 132345 number is not available at the moment and the Emergency Plan has been activated.

Dubbo:

The Dubbo Shopping Centre is unserviceable and no deliveries will be attempted until further notice.

Tamworth:

Wee Waa is unserviceable and no deliveries will be attempted.

Heavy rain falls are expected across these areas later in the week with the possibility of further delays to deliveries.

We apologise for an inconvenience that this may cause to your business.

Comment

Weather update, thanks to some great work by the council SES and emergency services damage to Wagga has been kept to a minimum. Massive numbers of roads closed after lots of rain overnight but so far so good very little flooding of homes and businesses.

Now the bad news, lots of rain has been dumped upstream and we now just have to see what flood levels get to this time.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by 656B66697E6869070 link=1291637612/13#13 date=1291864344
                              lots of rain has been dumped upstream and we now just have to see what flood levels get to this time.
                              Hopefully they can keep it in check Moto.

Below is tonights Star Track update which includes the Wimmera now...

Due to extensive flooding, we continue to experience delays to the delivery and pickup of freight in the following areas:

Mannum (South Australia), Wimmera area including Horsham, Stawell, Ararat, Halls Gap and Avoca (Victoria). Due to worsening floods Canberra is experiencing significant delays. Wagga Wagga (New South Wales)

Due to high level flooding in Tarcutta NSW, the Hume Highway was closed in both directions in the early hours of this morning causing late linehaul into Melbourne, Sydney, Wagga Wagga, Albury and Canberra.

Whilst this disruption to service is outside our control we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                              X