Queensland Floods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Queensland Floods

Just reporting in we are safe and dry (just), we had water to the back fence and the neighbors had it in the yards (our block is a little higher).

had it hit 74 levels (or more) we would have had water through the downstairs area, we moved everything we could upstairs and even took stuff out of the house to a mates up the hill as we thought it was going to get higher.

sadly others as you know have really been ruined.

if any local CSr needs beans or help in some way get in touch if you can.

Leeham

Comment

Phew, thats good Leeham.

Does anyone know how Venezianos came through all of this. Being at West End, Im wondering if they were flooded and, if so, do they need a CoffeeSnobs working bee to help out?

Comment

Originally posted by 0D2A3C2E36450 link=1294703033/46#46 date=1295153134
        Phew, thats good Leeham.

Does anyone know how Venezianos came through all of this.  Being at West End, Im wondering if they were flooded and, if so, do they need a CoffeeSnobs working bee to help out?
        Venezianos is fine, got pretty close to them though. Sent my partner in there with his crew yesterday to check. They put on free coffee for the volunteers yesterday and today, and picked up a few new regulars from our crew.  

Comment

I spoke to Chris at Barazi yesterday and he reported that -
          They were affected with approx 1 meter entering the property

They prepared well as they have pallet racking and an upstairs area

Some items that were affected were partitions walls, desks ect
          All had to be stripped out

Still the clean up of mud took a long time
          I have not been there yet to see as the roads are still not passable in places

Just spoke to Chris again a few minutes ago and the latest is that power has not been restored yet

Chris was planing to get a trailer fully loaded with water, coffee a 2 group machine & generator to serve coffee to the volunteers in the neighbouring suburb of Rocklea

KK

Comment

74 levels or not, its devastating and shocking to see...

Anyone heard from Supreme Roasters? I put in an order just before the flood and I havent heard from email, phone or mobile. Im hoping theyre ok. The sponsor page says Yatala, 4207. Any ideas?

My suffering pales in comparison, but I had to buy some beans from the supermarket

Comment

Originally posted by 222A22252F294B0 link=1294703033/49#49 date=1295156624
              74 levels or not, its devastating and shocking to see...

Anyone heard from Supreme Roasters?  I put in an order just before the flood and I havent heard from email, phone or mobile.  Im hoping theyre ok.  The sponsor page says Yatala, 4207.  Any ideas?

My suffering pales in comparison, but I had to buy some beans from the supermarket
              Yatala should be OK
              It is 50 km from Brisbane and at the halfway point to the Gold Coast

If sent it could be stuck in transport as its come to a halt

KK

Comment

Looks like the auction has started http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=Auction

Comment

Something from the Queensland Police Services Facebook page today. The Brisbane maps were updated on 13 January 2011, so they really show where the water was.

http://www.nearmap.com/

(I tend to use Nearmaps more than Google maps nowdays - much better resoluttion and they tend to update a lot more often, it seems).

Cheers
                  Di

Comment

Yep, the CoffeeSnobs site sponsor QLD Flood Relief Auction has started now.

All the items have been donated by our Site Sponsors and 100% of the proceeds will go to the flood relief charity the sponsor selects.

Auction rules are at the top of the forum and the list of items will grow this week as some sponsors that have committed items wont be online until Monday (normal business hours).

Each auction will have an end date of this Wednesday night or the following Wednesday night (Australia Day).

Bid away... and remember, paying more than full retail on an item in a charity auction always carries more kudos!

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=Auction

Enjoy the fun of it

Comment

Originally posted by 7C5851515252687C58445A58370 link=1294703033/50#50 date=1295157239
                      If sent it could be stuck in transport as its come to a halt
                      yes of course - I ordered before the crisis but I dont know when he was planning on roasting or sending, so it must be on the way. Ill wait till it arrives then...

Comment

Originally posted by 153A302D540 link=1294703033/53#53 date=1295157649
                        Bid away... and remember, paying more than full retail on an item in a charity auction always carries more kudos!
                        Not to mention, because the money gets paid directly to the charity and you get a receipt, it still counts as a tax deduction, so paying more than retail can actually still cost less

Comment

Originally posted by 736C6E746D786F6E79010 link=1294703033/55#55 date=1295169123
                          Originally posted by 153A302D540 link=1294703033/53#53 date=1295157649
                          Not to mention, because the money gets paid directly to the charity and you get a receipt, it still counts as a tax deduction, so paying more than retail can actually still cost less
                          Also check with your employer (or wifes etc) some employers will match dollar for dollar what you give to charity.

My wifes employer matches every dollar she gives to charity so "Mrs Maheel" always makes the donations (in her name.....  8-)) We just provide the receipt and they make another donation to match.

Comment

Has anyone heard or seen anything about MAL of Warwick recently?

He was last online nearly a week ago and last visited and posted on this site on Jan. 11. It is unusual for him not to post here every couple of days or so.

Warwick has been flooded.

Hopefully Mal is only having power or computer problems and nothing worse.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by 03203333381E05342F22202F410 link=1294703033/57#57 date=1295221697
                              Has anyone heard or seen anything about MAL of Warwick recently?
                              I am guessing that Mal has escaped the flood but not the power outage. I think there were worse floods in Warwick in March - April 2010 and I dont recall mal being affected by them.

Comment

Seeing as you asked, I just rang him and his toes and a few other bits got wet but theyve all come through healthy and well which is what matters most.

Hes only just got the internet back on today, hence his absence.

Im sure he can fill you in on the grisly details when hes back to full steam online.

Comment

Working...
                                X