Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you put up with poor coffee if the barista was good looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you put up with poor coffee if the barista was good looking?

Originally posted by 646E7B6C6C637771020 link=1177713250/490#490 date=1297055339
    ...and it raises a point of off-topic discussion. How many have been willing to buy ordinary coffee because the barista is more than easy on the eye? <raises hand guiltily>
    Following from this post (and for sheer fun), feel free to vote (or not) and feel free to add your comment

Re: Would you put up with poor coffee if the barista was good looking?

I vote "Maybe, but he/she would have to be really hot" because I survived for 39 years on crap coffee, I could survive occasionally a littel bit more for some eye candy.

BUT

Only if I could continue to make my own at home, so at least I had a chance to recalibrated my taste-buds!

Comment

No but she could make me a hot chocolate. If I was desperate I find long blacks are much more bearable badly made than other coffees. I also can stand Cold coffee or affogato much better badly made. Plenty of options.

Comment

I think I could, as long as it was a coffee bar where I could chat with the barista while she was making my coffee. Shed have to be pretty smoking though (Im realising now I think about it the woman at the place I used to go was smoking hot, and the coffee was ok (not brilliant), and I still dont go there any more).

Comment

This poll should help define the genuine CSs from the pretenders!
          ;D ;D

Comment

Only if it was over the breakfast table! ;D

Java "*smirk*" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Correction:
              Java "win!" phile

Comment

Ive always been up for anything at least once and sometimes twice if an apology is required the following day.....

Mal.

Comment

Would you put up with an ugly barista in a foul mood with offensive body odors and emissions if the espresso was really good?  
                     (My wife does every morning       )

Comment

Originally posted by 61525D574A6C741D330 link=1297068236/8#8 date=1297120406
                    Would you put up with an ugly barista in a foul mood with offensive body odors and emissions if the espresso was really good?  
                    Sounds like the new place we found. Hotness just does not cut it in a barista when I want a coffee in the morning. Its the coffee what is important. The "new" place is a customer service not hell, but not great... however the coffee keeps us coming back.

Comment

I have modded the survey a little and you can change your vote up to 24 hours after casting if you change your mind

Comment

Sounds like relationships really - would you put up with a poor bed technique if the partner was really hot? All depends on their attitude when you tell them how to do it properly. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1D332039560 link=1297068236/4#4 date=1297072256
                          This poll should help define the genuine CSs from the pretenders!
                          Im with you Kevo, "No way" should win this poll by a long shot at CoffeeSnobs!

Comment

If George Clooney was serving it, I would even drink you know what.... Of course I would have had a decent cup at home prior to venturing out for some drooling ;D ;D ;D 8-)

Comment

No way .... and therefore keep going back to chat to the lovely lady about coffee and its pleasures until she got it right or I got lucky [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Working...
                              X