Head Barista. What is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Barista. What is that?

What is the difference between barista and head barista?

Re: Head Barista. What is that?

Its a job title. Job titles dont have any consistency across organisations, so unless you ask the business you are referring to you will never know

Comment

My suggestion would go along the lines of Head Barista being responsible for the other people behind the machine and training.

In other cafes it may just mean the barista with the most experience making coffee.

Like trenski said it would really depend on the cafe/company.

Comment

maybe its like an orchestra and the head barista gets to use the first grouphead

Comment

Originally posted by 6C7A266926622678616B636D7A61666F080 link=1314167393/3#3 date=1314170008
          maybe its like an orchestra and the head barista gets to use the first grouphead
          Or stands closest to the order taker?

Comment

Originally posted by 564556414A025F46454046330 link=1314167393/2#2 date=1314169628
            My suggestion would go along the lines of Head Barista being responsible for the other people behind the machine and training.

Like trenski said it would really depend on the cafe/company.
            I think this is makes more sense. I wonder because I found a cafe put "Head Barista Wanted" at their door. At least I know that a term "head barista" not a common term. maybe to make it a little fancier? ;D

Comment

I wouldnt say that its an uncommon term. You hear it thrown about quite a bit. Its just that it can be interpreted differently.

I would suggest what they are trying to say is that they want someone to come in and take charge of the coffee situation for their cafe. Theyre probably also suggesting that they want someone with experience and expertise.

Comment

You find the term head barista a lot in chain cafes or places with a high turnover for staff. Its generally someone whos on full time and as stated above, takes charge of the coffee situation in the cafe. They can also be in charge of ordering stock (take away cups, coffee etc). They usually train or watch over other staff on the coffee machine as well.

Comment

Working...
                X