Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have an Ipad and dont use it.

Hey All,

Just wondering who out there owns an Ipad, but doesnt use it or has stopped using it.

Why, what made you stop, why did you buy it in the first place.

Tell us a story

Re: Have an Ipad and dont use it.

And the point of this is? Maybe you should tell us a story Iconiq. Did you buy an iPad and regret it?

Comment

I bought an iPad and almost never use it - because my wife has it constantly and loves it, she uses it for browsing, email, facebook, twitter, watching TV shows, playing games and reading books. Just about the only time she isnt using it the damn thing is charging!

Luckily I have my MacBook Air so I can get to read the latest posts on Coffee Snobs!

Comment

I use mine constantly. In fact, since purchase, it has completely replaced my laptop for the function that it previously dominated: sitting on the lounge browsing the web. Any serious work, I do on the desktop.

If my iPad died today, id be at the shop almost immediately sourcing a new one. I cant say that about too many other things around this house.

Comment

My daughter has one now and says it finally eliminated paper from "her" office.

Comment

Thanks guys,

This is what I was looking for :
            Im on the fence, and wanted to know how many people bought it because of the hype and ended up regretting the purchase.

Comment

Its my primary browsing machine. My wife complains because she barely gets to use it. I wish we had two - thinking of getting the Kindle tablet as a secondary device.

I also use some apps extensively - eBay, mail, Evernote and a few others.

Comment

The only people I know who have an iPad and dont use it, are those that didnt have a use for one when they bought it.

Greg
                no iPad, MacBook Air instead!

Comment

Yeah, I am one of those who bought one because I love toys and couldnt resist. I am a Mac head and have been since the early 90s.

Cut a long story short. I sold it after a couple of months.

It was cool and all and I bought it because my wife and I were clashing about who got to surf the net on the laptop, but I found it frustrating to use compared to the 15" Macbook Pro and it didnt get used too often.

Saying that, I would probably buy another. ;D

Comment

I have one and use every day, especially on the hour trip on the train to work for reading the paper and catching up on email, great tool but can be a pain in the butt at times, then again so can any computer.

I didnt pay for it work did as we were testing the Ipad 1 when it was released in order to assess for work purposes. A number of directors use them rather than laptops when they travel.

Just about to order 4 Dell Tablets (latitude ST) to test these in our network so it will be interesting to see how they compare.

mal

Comment

i have one and have never regretted it. Lately PressReader is my main newspaper source.

Comment

I dont want to buy any tablet... I am dependat on the phone and the Internat and Im afraidd it will becoe even worse...

Comment

I received the first edition iPad as a gift but almost never use it. Still hugging to my laptop. Although in saying that, when I go on long trips or flights, its good to have as you can have your books, music and movies on it without taking too much space. Will try my best to get back into using it again, but with all the apps you have to pay for...maybe not?

Comment

i was given a ipad 2, but I think I used it once in the 3 months I had it. I found all the apps I wanted I already had on my iphone, and for anything else i preferred my laptop so I gave it away.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all,
                              I have ended up buying one. Just couldnt resist.

WHAT A FANTASTIC device...

I am absolutly loving it....

Comment

Working...
                              X