Dodgy seller warning - buanacoffees.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy seller warning - buanacoffees.com

While its not hard to find dodgy sellers and scammers on the internet this one is pretending to be located in Brisbane

http://buanacoffees.com

Steven Holly

88 Edward St
    Brisbane QLD 4000
    Australia

Some quick research and there are lots of alarm bells.
    [list bull-blackball][*]The domain is registered in Mumbai, India.[*]Hosted in the USA[*]Pretending to be located in Brisbane CBD[*]The prices are in US$ (not AU$)[*]Weights are in pound not kilo [*]I cannot find any company business or tax registration in Australia. [*]The phone number format is odd[*]Near all the user reviews are in broken English and only a couple of words.[*]The user review for someone who bought a $16k Marzocco Mistral was "If you want a good HOT cup of coffee, Buy this!!!"[/list]

Thanks to CSr David in the UK for the heads-up.

If anyone manages to buy a:

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - $1100
    New Izzo Alex Duetto II - $1200

Let me know, I could do with a few dozen machines at that price.
    8-)

Re: Dodgy seller warning - buanacoffees.com

Originally posted by 6A454F522B0 link=1328186398/0#0 date=1328186398
    While its not hard to find dodgy sellers and scammers on the internet this one is pretending to be located in Brisbane

http://buanacoffees.com

Steven Holly

88 Edward St
    Brisbane QLD 4000
    Australia

Some quick research and there are lots of alarm bells.
    [list bull-blackball][*]The domain is registered in Mumbai, India.[*]Hosted in the USA[*]Pretending to be located in Brisbane CBD[*]The prices are in US$ (not AU$)[*]Weights are in pound not kilo [*]I cannot find any company business or tax registration in Australia. [*]The phone number format is odd[*]Near all the user reviews are in broken English and only a couple of words.[*]The user review for someone who bought a $16k Marzocco Mistral was "If you want a good HOT cup of coffee, Buy this!!!"[/list]

Thanks to CSr David in the UK for the heads-up.

If anyone manages to buy a:

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - $1100
    New Izzo Alex Duetto II - $1200

Let me know, I could do with a few dozen machines at that price.
    8-)
    I just ordered 120 Alex Duettos and 120 Giottos from him. Lets see what he thinks about that! ;D

Comment

Someone ought to report it:

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/reportascam/

Comment

Business Hours:

Monday - Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
        Saturday: By Appointment Only
        Sunday  : Closed

Someone in Brisbane should check out that address..  they are open for business

Comment

Yep- Its the Brisbane office of ING.

I reckon theyre probably not into internet scams

Comment

Originally posted by 794C4146726E424B4B48482D0 link=1328186398/1#1 date=1328220282
            I just ordered 120 Alex Duettos and 120 Giottos from him. Lets see what he thinks about that! Grin
            LOL! I never would have thought of that... Ill take a Duetto when you get it

Comment

Is that a photo of their delivery van?
              I dont think all your machines will fit in one trip.

Comment

Okay, going off gut instinct here, "it seems a scam" because it looks too good to be true, However.

The server being hosted in the US is not too unusual from my perspective. Same again with the URL being registered in Mumbai

The phone number is a little whacky, but it could be that theyre not used to the extra zero leading the area code, the rest fits in with the area its proposed to be

The building has an ING sign out the front, yes, but it is a block of offices, sub-let to many organisations, Without going into it too far, On the face of it, it could be just someone who doesnt really know how to design a webpage properly.

However, The lack of ABN and odd pricing is really raising eyebrows here.  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 5B7662707F7E7970566351766372170 link=1328186398/7#7 date=1328243986
                  However, The lack of ABN and odd pricing is really raising eyebrows here.  ;D
                  And no reply whatsoever to my request to set up an account with an opening order of 240 machines

Comment

and the dirt cheap prices...

Comment

I was about to put in an order for a $1250 Isomac La Mondiale and a $563 Elektra Nino grinder with air cooled 500rpm motor and at checkout noticed that there is a $330 flat rate shipping charge PER ITEM! Obviously shipping from overseas... if they ship anything at all. Needless to say... I did not go through with the purchase. Even with the shipping it is simply too good to be true.

FYI Chris... it looks like you owe them $79200 for shipping alone

Comment

Originally posted by 6A4753414E4F4841675260475243260 link=1328186398/7#7 date=1328243986

The phone number is a little whacky, but it could be that theyre not used to the extra zero leading the area code, the rest fits in with the area its proposed to be
                        The format for the phone number is correct for someone dialling into OZ from o/s. Our area codes leading zeroes are always dropped and the leading plus means "add your countrys international access prefix".

There must be a CSer working nearby. Anyone for a lunchtime walk?

Comment

Originally posted by 4A4F4C4C424B5C2E0 link=1328186398/11#11 date=1328258939
                          There must be a CSer working nearby. Anyone for a lunchtime walk?
                          Ill have a Stradivari, fix ya up for it next week

Comment

Well I rang the number tonight, seeing I have an IP phone, my no is silent. Rang once and then goes dead....... Maybe off the hook filling all your orders chris

Comment

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:10 AM, Talk Coffee wrote:
                              I have noticed your excellent prices on your website.

I am an Australian retailer of Rocket and Izzo.

Please advise how I can set up an account as I wish to order 100 units each of Alex Duetto and Rocket Giotto Premium Plus.

Regards

Hello sir ,

Thanks for your email.

Let us know if you still interested for 100 Units Alex Duetto and Rocket Giotto Premium Plus , so we can calculate the cost .

Thanks
                              buanacoffees
                              Now- do I lead him on or not...  ;D

[edit] too tempting....more to come...[/edit]

Comment

Working...
                              X