Music and taste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music and taste

Want your coffee to taste sweeter? Play the right music!

Can you taste music? According to some scientists and musicians, the answer is “Yes.” Not only they have found reliable associations between taste perception and music but they have also developed an algorithm that can “flavor” your favorite song! Want a salty version of “With you or without you”? Or how about a bitter version of “Rolling in the deep”?
    Full article: http://www.molecularrecipes.com/mole...y/taste-music/

Java "I wonder what bagpipes taste like" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Hmm....from the artile it sounds like Serge Gainsbourg's "Je T'Aime" is the key to sweetening coffee.

Comment

So much about humans and perception is about what is happening in their head at the time.

Comment

i read somewhere that greenhouse keepers in England claim their plants respond to classic music to grow a bit better.

Comment

Yes, but that's just the associative nature of the brain. Like with everything else. Heck, I've been listening to different types of classical instruments across different woods my whole life so when I bought my new coffee table, I swore to my mother I could hear it sing to me. Am I crazy?

Comment

The brain certainly is a funny thing. Many studies note the influence of images over sound perception, for example white noise sounds less "horrible" when associated with a picture of a water full, and red trains are percieved as significantly louder than green ones!

I swore I caught a whiff of exhaust fumes when listening to a very close car exhaust audio recording...

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
              Want your coffee to taste sweeter? Play the right music!

Full article: Music That Can Generate The Taste Association of Sour, Bitter, Sweet and Salty | Molecular Recipes

Java "I wonder what bagpipes taste like" phile
              I don't play or listen to bag pipes so i can only guess coffee would taste malty and peaty?!?

Gary "single origin highland malts" at Gala

Comment

Originally posted by sidewayss View Post
                I don't play or listen to bag pipes so i can only guess coffee would taste malty and peaty?!?

Gary "single origin highland malts" at Gala
                Well, my old oak dining table has a slightly seaweedy, peaty aroma to it. But that might be related to the Laphroaig that is poured over it. Then again, I was listening to some Proclaimers the other day.

Comment

I like to play music whilst cooking and drinking wine. The more music I play the better the wine tastes. Or maybe it's the more wine I drink the better the music sounds.

Comment

Works the other way for me, sometimes I taste a coffee, and hear a beautiful 'cello sound!

Comment

Working...
                    X