This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that machine ?..

..not too difficult for those that have been following its development..
    ..Almost ready ?

Let's see now. Lever. Steam wand on the right. That would be a .....(sorry, not telling). Rather deep isn't it? I assume the actual machine has better looking handles.

Comment

That Lever group looks so familiar......
      Where have I seen one before?

Comment

CMA/Astoria, so lots of things. Kees van der Westen for one.

Comment

Originally posted by rick_bond View Post
          CMA/Astoria, so lots of things. Kees van der Westen for one.
          You forgot..... Bosco.
          Now, who used to sell Bosco??
          I will let others guess the name.
          I agree with flynnaus as to the handles.. they did say that custom options would be available.
          I like the spiral on the lever handle.

Comment

Name that machine ?..

London Calling......

Comment

Name that machine ?..

I would say...
              But I can't for the life of me work out how it's pronounced... :rofl

Comment

So that's the prototype case. May just be the camera angle etc but I hope the proportions will be nicer by the time it gets to market.

Comment

London calling is correct... but it's the Roman name for London. This machine has been generating quite a lot of heat on home-barista, especially between the resident Bezerra loving guru on that forum and the not so Bezzera enamoured maker of the pictured prototype New domestic lever espressso machine with commercial group - Lever Espresso Machines - Page 7 • Home-Barista.com
                  As for the proportions it seems very deep (over 50 cms) and is very heavy by all accounts, so while it is a more domestic size than the Bosco, it ain't no Cremina either. Indeed, I wonder, given what the designer of the machine has written in his blog, if he is going to continue to distribute the Cremina in the UK.

Comment

There is a lot of information and civilised discussion about this machine on another forum, you know the one, where all the Aussie Lever nuts wax lyrically.

Comment

Name that machine ?..

Aaaah, that's the one where the designer of said unnameable waxes lyrical, Eh?

Hmmm... Dejavu...

Comment

I thought from the subject line that this thread was a naming competition for the machine.

My submission...

THE FUGLY LEVER

...unless the machine is going to be flush mounted into a wall cavity in which case I would go for

SLIGHTLY LESS FUGLY

Comment

Oh if we are looking for a more suitable name than the official one - Londinium 1, I suggest "THE LEVIATHAN". Or since the designer wants to differentiate his machine from the STREGA, then "THE WARLOCK".

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            I thought from the subject line that this thread was a naming competition for the machine.

My submission...

THE FUGLY LEVER

...unless the machine is going to be flush mounted into a wall cavity in which case I would go for

SLIGHTLY LESS FUGLY
                            I was trying to be diplomatic. At the moment, it's a face only a mother could love.

You'd want to hope it is just a box in which to hold the bits as a proof of concept rather than something which vaguely resembles a design which might go to market.

When you have to look at something every day, you need to like what you see....

Comment

Looks like something one might use to tap a keg at a pub in Newtown.

Comment

Working...
                              X