Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy S3 "Sudden Death Syndrome"

Anyone else experienced this?
    Jumped in the car from visiting a mate yesterday afternoon and found my S3 switched off.
    Thought it had gone flat.
    Got it home.
    Won't charge, wont switch on, won't hard reset.
    4 months old :-(
    Lots of similar stories when I googled.
    I guess I'll have to take it to JB on Monday when I can get in there.
    Bugger

I haven't had that problem with mine, I have just found that the screen breaks at the drop of a hat...

Comment

You would think with all these new phones and the amount of stuff you can do on them, that they would make them more durable to everyday life...

Comment

And I was thinking of getting one....maybe not.

Comment

I have always had an Iphone, regardless of what i have there all the same to some degree with quality. I had problems with a few of the iphones i have bought over the years. I am thinking of finally changing over to something else for once.
          Last edited by coffeechris; 25 December 2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Got me a new SG3 a few weeks back (upgrade from an SG2) and Love it. I had iPhones for a few years and they were ok. These days most apps are available on either platform.

Comment

JB gave me a new s3 on 9/1 off their own bat so good on them.
              Pity the manufacturer was not so helpful.
              So far so good.

Comment

I had sg2 which I dropped a lot of times and still goes well. Now I have a sg3 and bought a silicon cover with a lip above the screen - will not be a problem.

Yesterday my wife and her friend fretting over how to transfer a video from an iPad to an iPhone - what a joke the ipoo stuff is.

Android is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by brettanby View Post
                  I had sg2 which I dropped a lot of times and still goes well. Now I have a sg3 and bought a silicon cover with a lip above the screen - will not be a problem.

Yesterday my wife and her friend fretting over how to transfer a video from an iPad to an iPhone - what a joke the ipoo stuff is.

Android is the way to go!
                  Still have the SG2 in a flip case not only protects the screen but the magnetic flap secures it in my shirt pocket stops it slipping out into the bilge of my boat like my last phone fell in saw a flash of light as it short circuited. Now this SG2 was not recommended for rural areas but has better reception than the blue tick phone that died in the bilge of my boat. I will be hanging on to this till it stops working great phone.

Comment

Sounds like my iPhone 4S a few days ago... No I have to struggle with my old HTC Desire... I'm quickly turning emo having to use this thing...

But I refuse to buy a new phone until Mar/Apri when all the new ones are due out.

Comment

Working...
                    X