Cheap POD Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap POD Machines

What do people think of POD machines? I do not think they deliver anything great.

If i had to choose between a POD and stove top I would go a Bialetti any day!

So if you already have an opinion on pod machines, why post a thread about it?

FWIW I pulled a shot until it had blonded a fair while (10sec) and then switched another cup underneath - tasted it and realised it was familiar because that's what the shots from the Delonghi Pixie at work taste like.

Comment

When you say POD....its those nespresso machine right?. I'm using that at the moment ... bought it for $130 (after $60 rebate) for nespresso pixie. Is that cheap?

They make okay cappuccino ... and don't have to wait 15 minutes to warm up..... thats just about good things about them...

Comment

Depends on your definition of "ok" I guess...

If warm-up is the issue, get a decent (or even cheap) thermoblock machine and you'll still be turning out better stuff...

Comment

I've just bought that nespresso machine in the last 1 month or so......so I'm quite new to pod machines.

Hehe...okay... maybe I should've said 'drinkable' instead of 'okay' . I have a Giotto Evo too and the shots coming from this is just day and night better than the shots from nespresso... I bought myself empty pods so that I can use my own grounded beans but that don't seems to work or maybe I just haven't found the right amount/grind size/tamping....

I'm currently in the process of downgrading to nespresso as I'll be moving overseas soon....and I can't bring my giotto with me ...damn it.

Comment

http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...-capsules.aspx

A 'choice review' on pods. I think the idea was to compare them to 'a Cafe coffee'. What they really have done is compare pods against each other in cost, taste, and recycling/rubbish.

(there are three pages, bottom right hand corner has a 'next part of article' button.

Comment

I think the issue with pods is the expense of the consumable pods.

Certainly they are popular and the coffee is better than the instant coffee I have drunk.

I would not go back to a pod machine by choice.

Comment

Well I grade it something like :

(lower end of quality)

Inter whaddyacallit roast
                Other freeze dried coffee
                Pod machines
                Supermarket and stale beans
                Fresh beans
                And so it goes on

Pod machines in the middle

Comment

Working...