Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Talk Coffee site.

Hi all,

Now that the body of work is complete, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or general comments CS'ers have.

Let me know if you find any more bugs which need to be squashed.

Enjoy the browse!

Chris

Try removing the 700 weight you have on the BebasNeue font in your headings - you'll see it looks far classier at a lower weight. Linux and Mac get away with it but on Windows your smaller headings let down an otherwise nice looking site.

The left is how your site displays on Windows Chrome. The right with a lower weight.

Comment

New Talk Coffee site.

I always think its a good idea to have a link at the bottom of a mobile site leading to the standard version. Mobile versions are all well and good, but sometimes you also want to look at the full site.

Of course it's possible that the link is there and I just missed it

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by simonko View Post
        Try removing the 700 weight you have on the BebasNeue font in your headings - you'll see it looks far classier without bolding it. Linux and Mac get away with it but on Windows your smaller headings let down an otherwise nice looking site.
        Not quite sure what you're on about... it looks fine on Chrome running on Windows 7 and, though not quite as good, it's fine on Explorer as well

Comment

I just added a screen shot to my post.

Comment

G'day Chris,

Just spent some time checking out your new site, I'm impressed.

Tried to send you a message in the (contact us page) received message "There was a problem with your submission. Errors have been highlighted below." nothing highlighted, tried to resend, no joy.

Used the stay in touch box on the home page, worked fine, got a confirm subscription email which I responded to.

Cheers,

Yelta.

Comment

Looks good Chris,
              In the 'in home training manual' page, there's a schedule of end of day / week maintenance routines, which includes 3 backflush operations. The first and third operation indicate whether they are 'daily' or 'weekly' routines, but the 2nd operation ('10 x 3 seconds') is a touch ambiguous.

I can sort of see what Simonko is saying about the font weight. I'm using Windows 7 on a widescreen laptop monitor. Perhaps the aspect ratio affects how people perceive that font.

Cheers
              BOSW.

Comment

Thanks Barry! We'll take as much on board as we possibly can.

I have modified the training noted based on your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by simonko View Post
                  I just added a screen shot to my post.

Fair enough

Comment

Just a little thing, when you hit the 'read more' button on the Gene Cafe and Behmor, the writing is squashed up and half of the line with the prince has disappeared. Sorry, I'm not techy enough to capture a screen shot :-(
                    Apart from that tiny thing, the site looks great and its easy to navigate around. Nice work.

Comment

Thanks Lovey- solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                        Tried to send you a message in the (contact us page) received message "There was a problem with your submission. Errors have been highlighted below." nothing highlighted, tried to resend, no joy.
                        Thanks Yelta- solved that one too.

Comment

In the 'In Home Training Manual':

3rd paragraph - "millky" - spelling mistake

Beginning of the Day section, point 3 - "(including a delay of about 5-9 (dependent on machine) seconds after operating the machine." - Two open brackets with only one close bracket

Texturing Milk myths section, 6th dot point - "
                          sholuld" - spelling mistake

Affogatto section - "
                          (try with a dash of caramel to taste)." - missed capital letter.

Great looking site.
                          Only read the one section so far. I will let you know what other things I find as I read more. My brain seems to be well tuned to seeing spelling mistakes.

Comment

I checked the naked portafilters and they seem to all be $123 and out of stock. Something doesn't seem right with that. Good looking retro styling on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by CAELBLUE1 View Post
                              I checked the naked portafilters and they seem to all be $123 and out of stock. Something doesn't seem right with that. Good looking retro styling on the site.
                              Thanks Caelblue1. All fixed. They actually start at $60 so that was one of my better goofs

Comment

Working...
                              X