Sarah Palin = fruit cake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Palin = fruit cake.

In no way am I trying to make light of the tragedy of Malaysia flight 370, a disaster for all concerned.

However, this just in from Sarah Palin Palin Wonders If Flight 370 ‘Flew Directly to Heaven’ - The Daily Currant makes you wonder, and she was a vice presidential candidate.

Incredibly scary...

I skimmed the title of the thread, didn't pick up the Sarah Palin part at all and was expecting a coffee tasting note!

Comment

Hi Yelta.....

About - The Daily Currant

"About
      The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world." *

*excerpt from the above link.

Still........... we all know Palin is a fruitcake.
      Last edited by chokkidog; 25 March 2014, 01:00 PM. Reason: capital Y

Comment

Guys, check your sources ffs...

Comment

G'Day Chokkidog, your pretty quick off the mark, wondered how long it would take someone to latch on.

About - The Daily Currant

Comment

Good save :P

Comment

No worries Yelta!! ;-D

After I read that little tid-bit I just scrolled down the page and read the links to the Bieber and Colorado stories.......... :-D :-D :-D

then kept going to the bottom of the page!

Cheers!

Comment

Makes you wonder what, if any purpose publishing this type of article serves, other than to perhaps confuse the more gullible among us.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                  Makes you wonder what, if any purpose publishing this type of article serves, other than to perhaps confuse the more gullible among us.
                  The same purpose as does any satirical work; partly for humour and enjoyment, partly to use analogous or exaggerated stories to show how wrong something that actually exists is.

Comment

No save here... hook, line and sinker I'm afraid.

No offers to sell me a bridge please.

Comment

Swap you one for your Quest :P

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
                        Swap you one for your Quest :P
                        Nice... I deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                          Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
                          The same purpose as does any satirical work; partly for humour and enjoyment, partly to use analogous or exaggerated stories to show how wrong something that actually exists is.
                          In the instance of the Bieber and the Colorado story then yes, they serve a purpose, sort of, in a banal, irrelevant kind of way.

But in the case of the plane not yet found; with all the anguish and trauma of the families of the missing, not to mention the (innocent of the??) crew
                          and passengers themselves........poor taste, like, really poor.

It's not a joke.
                          Last edited by chokkidog; 25 March 2014, 02:40 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

The sad thing is that it really is quite believable. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann and other members of the Tea Party have made careers out of somewhat similar beliefs and statements. Makes H.L Mencken (1926) seem all the more brilliant for his rather poignant observation: "No one ever went bankrupt underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Comment

Tangentially - a friend recently returned from the USA and commented that he was amazed at the pervasiveness of religion in everyday life in America.
                              He would not have been surprised to hear comments like this said in all seriousness.

Comment

Working...
                              X