Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 50th Birthday to the other love of my life

...and I didn't mean the wife.

This month the other love of my life turn 50 years old and she looks better than when she rolled off the San Jose factory floor in 1965.

Some details about her:
    1965 Mustang Coupe - Factory GT (A-code)
    Factory 4 speed manual
    I rebuilt her from the ground up, total resto in 2013.
    She has had her motor beefed up - now running a 347ci stroker - churning out around 450HP.

If only I could fit my VBM Junior and grinder in her boot to make a mobile coffee cart with style.

A lovely toy mate....

You did a great job, looks beautiful...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
      A lovely toy mate....

You did a great job, looks beautiful...

Mal.
      Thanks Mal.

I wish I drove her more. The weather lately has been all over the place. But at least I can make heaps of coffee in between.

Comment

I just love seeing your photos of her and having seen some of the progress photos too, I am glad I can appreciate the work you put in.

I hope your missus appreciates the beauty of the Mustang too!

Comment

Looks pretty clean. Is that 450hp at the wheels? Looks N/A too, good effort.
          Are the plans to keep it as factory original as possible or would you perhaps supercharge it?

Comment

Originally posted by scoota_gal View Post
            I just love seeing your photos of her and having seen some of the progress photos too, I am glad I can appreciate the work you put in.

I hope your missus appreciates the beauty of the Mustang too!
            Hi scoota_gal

Where did you see some of the progress photos?

Yes. The missus enjoys a cruise down the strip heading out for a coffee

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
              Looks pretty clean. Is that 450hp at the wheels? Looks N/A too, good effort.
              Are the plans to keep it as factory original as possible or would you perhaps supercharge it?
              Hi noidle. It's 450hp at the motor. No plans to up the power otherwise I'll need to change the transmission and diff. And stiffen up the body and possibly change the suspension (modern) and brakes. Currently I'm running a locker diff so it hooks pretty well.

Keeping it factory looking.

Comment

Here's a quick vid - walk around of my little beast

Comment

Either there are two of you who have done a resto on a 65 'Stang (which would be a massive coincidence) or we're also flickr friends.

Comment

Wow. I bet she gets a few admiring glances. Well done.

Comment

Either there are two of you who have done a resto on a 65 'Stang (which would be a massive coincidence) or we're also flickr friends.
                      Might be a coincidence as I don't use Flickr.

Comment

That's a sweet looking machine, well done. Sounds great too, video needed a few blips of the throttle!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
                          That's a sweet looking machine, well done. Sounds great too, video needed a few blips of the throttle!!

Cheers
                          Hi Mate, heres another video of when we got the motor started. open headers, no exhaust.

Comment

Best coincidence ever!

I just had a look over at the flickr friend's 'Stang. Definitely not yours...but I bet you know it. He is also a member here, so forgive my confusion.

Comment

Best coincidence ever!

I just had a look over at the flickr friend's 'Stang. Definitely not yours...but I bet you know it. He is also a member here, so forgive my confusion.

Very nice and clean pony.

Comment

Working...
                              X