Bacon and eggs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon and eggs.

Have I mentioned I really enjoy a breakfast of bacon and eggs.

Don't do it regularly, special times of year call for it though, like Christmas, New Year and Easter, oh, and when we are out and about in the motor home

Thinly sliced, crispy fried streaky bacon rashers from Barossa Fine Foods in the Adelaide central Market and locally produced eggs with rich orange yolks on a couple of slices of sour dough bread spread with butter, a breakfast approaching nirvana.

Needless to say accompanied by a couple of cups of my favorite brew, a Lungo, bliss.

Nice! I read a recipe somewhere recently with coffee/maple glazed bacon. Sounded amazing.

Cheers

Comment

Breakfast for us on new years day consisted of bacon and eggs, pancakes, toppings of Canadian maple syrup, butter, lemon and sugar, espresso of course as well as blood orange and tomato juice.

We had guests, everyone seemed happy with the offerings.

Before anyone asks, nope I'm not a fatty boomba, 6' 1" and 78 kg, we don't eat this stuff regularly, but, boy we enjoy it when we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
        Have I mentioned I really enjoy a breakfast of bacon and eggs.

Don't do it regularly, special times of year call for it though, like Christmas, New Year and Easter, oh, and when we are out and about in the motor home

Thinly sliced, crispy fried streaky bacon rashers from Barossa Fine Foods in the Adelaide central Market and locally produced eggs with rich orange yolks on a couple of slices of sour dough bread spread with butter, a breakfast approaching nirvana.

Needless to say accompanied by a couple of cups of my favorite brew, a Lungo, bliss.
        Cheers! Have you ever heard about Paleo diet? If you like bacon and eggs you should check it.

Comment

Originally posted by alexsmith View Post
          Cheers! Have you ever heard about Paleo diet? If you like bacon and eggs you should check it.
          Morning AS, have I heard of the paleo diet? certainly have, as Wikipedia states "The British Dietetic Association judged the paleo diet a "Jurassic fad" and listed it as one of the five worst celebrity-endorsed diets of 2015, saying it was "unbalanced, time consuming, [and] socially isolating" and so "a sure-fire way to develop nutrient deficiencies".

Reckon I will pass on the fads and stick to a normal balanced diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
            Breakfast for us on new years day consisted of bacon and eggs, pancakes, toppings of Canadian maple syrup, butter, lemon and sugar, espresso of course as well as blood orange and tomato juice.

We had guests, everyone seemed happy with the offerings.

Before anyone asks, nope I'm not a fatty boomba, 6' 1" and 78 kg, we don't eat this stuff regularly, but, boy we enjoy it when we do.
            Ha! I haven't heard the term "fatty boomba" in years. Classic!

Can recommend paleo diet. I dropped 8 kilos in 7 weeks (was a little overweight, but not at "boomba" stage). It also taught me to appreciate coffee without milk a whole lot more. Also love that I can drink as much coffee as I want guilt free!

Comment

Back on topic, bacon.

This exchange between Vincent and Jules in Pulp Fiction is classic, reckon Vincent got it right don't click on the link if your offended by course language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_Tl1kvlQU

Comment

As Dr Karl often says, to lose weight eat less and move more.

I have to try these one day:
                http://www.theworktop.com/breakfast-...-glazed-bacon/

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post

Maple and Coffee Glazed Bacon Recipe | The Worktop
                  Once again Dr Karl is right

The maple coffee glazed bacon sounds great, have put it on the list of must try, the recipe has gone straight to the pool room (bookmarked it)

Comment

Maple and coffee flavoured bacon.
                    I think I,ve just put on a few grams just looking at the picture Yelta [emoji14]
                    Will try it after my one week long detox program.

Comment

I'm 100% on your initial post, Yelta.
                      Our regular daily breakfast is a blender concoction of fruit & vegetables with some prunes and muesli over the top, so bacon and eggs etc is a rare treat we save for special occasions like Christmas.
                      I would love to stack on several kilos - I just don't want it around my waist, and at my age that's the only place it would go if I ate fatty food frequently.

Comment

eggs I can afford often, toast with bacon much less

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post

Maple and Coffee Glazed Bacon Recipe | The Worktop
                          I heard the one "eat less s..t more".

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                            I'm 100% on your initial post, Yelta.
                            Our regular daily breakfast is a blender concoction of fruit & vegetables with some prunes and muesli over the top, so bacon and eggs etc is a rare treat we save for special occasions like Christmas.
                            I would love to stack on several kilos - I just don't want it around my waist, and at my age that's the only place it would go if I ate fatty food frequently.
                            I have bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast, have done for years, I find the protein keeps me full until smoko. Which is good because I have breakfast at 4 am.

Comment

Originally posted by Logga View Post
                              I have bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast, have done for years, I find the protein keeps me full until smoko. Which is good because I have breakfast at 4 am.
                              Exactly. Fat doesn't make people fat, carbohydrates do.

Comment

Working...
                              X