Ducatis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducatis

I'm currently in Strahan TAS and woke up this morning the rumbles of bikes.

Outside my cottage were parked 8 Dukes and diwn the road there appears to be a lot more.

I thought scoota_gal might enjoy the picture.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160219_081737.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	758442

Saw a bloke on an 1199 Panigale S in white out the front of my shop the other morning.

It was so loud and deep that it rattled the windows.

Comment

Much appreciated by me too TG...

A Duke owner/rider from way back mate... A piccie of my last ride...
      http://coffeesnobs.com.au/Attachment...s_1975_002.jpg

Mal.
      Last edited by Dimal; 19 February 2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

............noice!!!!

I am an ex-Moto Guzzi man myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
          Much appreciated by me too TG...

Mal.
          Now that's nice! Wasn't the huge metalflake in the fibreglass a thing of beauty?

Gonzo

Comment

Yes mate, I loved/love everything about the original 900SS Desmo....

Very similar to the earlier 750SS Desmo but with more low down grunt and great out of corners as a result. Burned out rear tyres a bit quicker though.

I love the Moto Guzzi beauties as well. Yet more examples of wonderful Italian engineering and art in one package. Couple of my mates were Guzzi riders and when we got together, just amazing thunder on the road and especially through narrow winding corridors of trees.

Mal.

Comment

First post on the coffee forum and its about my motorbike. Whenever I post on the motorbike forum I get accused of being a 'latte sipping ducati rider'. I prefer an espresso to be honest.
              Anyway, here is a picture of my 2012 848 Street-fighter.
              Lovely looking bike there!

Comment

That's a mean looking Duke "02keilj"...

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs, by the way...
                Never seen a Duke like that before. Looks heavy but I imagine appearances can be very deceiving...

Mal.

Comment

about 170kg dry weight. Im only small more than enough bike for me to handle haha

Comment

That thing is bad ass 02keilj! My brother had the 848, it hauled ass, i've ridden all my life, of late all litre + sized, this thing took me by surprise it had insane acceleration.

Comment

This was my step-up bike from a CB600F Hornet. 600 felt great after a year or so on a 250 but the amount of torque from the V-twin in teh ducati is what blew me away.

Are you on Harleys these days, nathanharley? Just guessing by the name haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 02keilj View Post
                        This was my step-up bike from a CB600F Hornet. 600 felt great after a year or so on a 250 but the amount of torque from the V-twin in teh ducati is what blew me away.

Are you on Harleys these days, nathanharley? Just guessing by the name haha.
                        No, I would like to be though! Harley is actually my middle name, my dad was an old skool biker (still is). Im a Triumph lad personally. I have a deep rooted love for V Twins though... Any marque/ nationality, they all sound amazing and deliver that V bottom end...

Comment

Originally posted by nathanharley View Post
                          No, I would like to be though! Harley is actually my middle name, my dad was an old skool biker (still is). Im a Triumph lad personally. I have a deep rooted love for V Twins though... Any marque, nationality they all sound amazing and deliver that V bottom end...
                          oooooh Triumphs are nice. There are just too many nice bikes with not enough cash to buy them and not enough time to ride them.

Comment

about 170kg dry weight. Im only small more than enough bike for me to handle haha
                            Well, there you go. Pretty well identical to my old 900SS....

Mal.

Comment

oooooh Triumphs are nice. There are just too many nice bikes with not enough cash to buy them and not enough time to ride them.
                              Could be talking about espresso machines, couldn't we...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X