Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barista as a Job

Hi CS people,

I wonder how can I penetrate to a coffee shop/café shop job as a barista...

Most of the shops asking for atleast 2 years experience, but the reality is how can I gain 2 years experience if none of the shops is accepting an amateur like me (hehehe)

I know, I am confident enough and have a little knowledge about grind setting, pulling of the shots in specific seconds, and even decent frothing of milk. I even know how the proper caring of the machines before and after the shots and etc.

The only thing is the fast paced environment of a shop is the only thing I am not sure, however I know in time once u get to used of it then I will also adjust on that.

I also enrolled myself to a Barista Class, but I am thinking this is also not assurance I can get a Barista Job if all shops asking for 2 years experience.

Any advise guys is very much welcome, I really feel like I want a career change hehehe!

(ofcourse dreaming to have my own café shop that is why I want to know how to be a barista inside a shop)

Cheers!

http://www.fivesenses.com.au/blog/20...offee-industry

This reading may help you

Comment

Wow!! Perfect article to read!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Originally posted by oliviaarlianto View Post

Comment

From someone I know. Pay for your own barista course then apply for chains. Think in shopping centre coffee outlets. Then you can move on to a cafe.

Comment

I just finished the Barista short Class and i think will then give it a try to apply.

Thanks guys!!!

Originally posted by rusty888 View Post
          From someone I know. Pay for your own barista course then apply for chains. Think in shopping centre coffee outlets. Then you can move on to a cafe.

Comment

I'm working as barista now, since 2012
            I read a lot of book and made a lot of practice for it.
            my hobby is football , w8ing for match Football online - sport-7.net by the way also I like to wrine an article
            I can compare them and I'm happy
            and u?

Comment

You should look for a volunteer program to work in a cafe as a intern and then apply for a job.

Comment

Working...
              X