How this forum compares to others I belong to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How this forum compares to others I belong to

Last night my 12yr old asked a very random dinner time question , “Do animals have belly buttons?”

While there is obviously a technical answer, I thought I’d post it on a couple of forums I frequent.

Coffee – 8 replies, 3 were humorous
    Kitesurfing – 6 replies, 4 humorous, 1 go away and 1 actually went to the trouble of taking a photo of their dog’s navel haha
    Car – 13 replies, 1 factual (vet) and 12 very witty (very surprising given most members are 40 plus, who said old people are grumpy, the thread has now progressed to animal barnyard voyeurism!)
    Mountain biking – post got deleted, twice! (the original post and then my followup post to ask if it got deleted or if I just forgot to click submit)
    Facebook – No replies at all, I must have really boring friends.

Don’t read too much into this fellas, somehow I don’t believe the results are statistically valid.

"12 very witty (very surprising given most members are 40 plus, who said old people are grumpy"

Way to make friends oh young and obviously clueless one ;-P

Comment

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
      "12 very witty (very surprising given most members are 40 plus, who said old people are grumpy"

Way to make friends oh young and obviously clueless one ;-P

I've been on that forum for many years. I know them and they know me. They'll take it in the humour that it is intended.

Btw I'm 40+ too but happy to be called young.

Comment

Most importantly was my reply counted as humorous?

Comment

Originally posted by trentski View Post
          Most importantly was my reply counted as humorous?
          Laugh out loud, yes it was

Edit: I had typed in L.O.L (without the full stops) but it kept changing it to "I had a laugh" so I had to spell it out....

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. This stuff is how I measure my self worth.

Comment

I always wondered if that was the cause of all the "I had a laugh"'s around the forum.

Comment

Working...
              X