Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deconstructed theme continued

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deconstructed theme continued

    Deconstructing pasta Bolognese

  • #2
    I have plenty of unassembled food in my fridge and pantry... when I go out and pay restaurant prices I fully expect the chef to present me with a well made, ready to eat meal (assembly not required)

    Comment


    • #3
      Not unassembled, deconstructed. That's what you're buying.
      An ikea flatpack is unassembled. These dishes have been carefully prepared and then the individual elements have been separated for you to reconstruct. I hope they included instructions or you could end up looking very silly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by trentski View Post
        Not unassembled, deconstructed. That's what you're buying.
        An ikea flatpack is unassembled. These dishes have been carefully prepared and then the individual elements have been separated for you to reconstruct. I hope they included instructions or you could end up looking very silly.
        Lol! Where's my food replicator when I need it, Number One? (Tea, Earl Grey hot).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
          Deconstructing pasta Bolognese
          That's unassembled.

          This is deconstructed!




          Java "Demo" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
            That's unassembled.

            This is deconstructed!




            Java "Demo" phile
            I was watching this culinary show about this dude who was trying to find a plate of pasta Bolognese in Bologna and the locals kept telling him there wasn't any such dish to be found in Bologna [emoji3].

            Comment


            • #7
              I guess the next level will involve getting served the ingredients, stove and pots and pans. And being charged a premium no doubt!

              Cheers

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by artman View Post
                I guess the next level will involve getting served the ingredients, stove and pots and pans. And being charged a premium no doubt!

                Cheers
                They already do that..... Anyone that's been to a Korean BBQ will know what I mean.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good point, forgot about those!

                  Cheers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Stone grill steaks come to mind

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KopiV View Post
                      They already do that..... Anyone that's been to a Korean BBQ will know what I mean.
                      All you can eat Korean bbqs are the bomb! I'd hate to have to clean up afterwards and I'm sure we eat more than we pay.

                      Just don't do the fine dining version, you'll be heading to Maccas afterwards, what a waste of money.

                      (And on a very tangential thread drift, we're going to Korea next year so if anyone has any tips/must sees etc....)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
                        I was watching this culinary show about this dude who was trying to find a plate of pasta Bolognese in Bologna and the locals kept telling him there wasn't any such dish to be found in Bologna [emoji3].
                        He's asking for the wrong thing, he needs to ask for pasta alla ragu. I think it is the case that mostly where a product is named after a location, the product traditionally has a different name. Another case in point, whilst you can get delicious Danish pastries in Copenhagen, they are called Vienbrot (Viennese Bread)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MrFreddofrog View Post
                          All you can eat Korean bbqs are the bomb! I'd hate to have to clean up afterwards and I'm sure we eat more than we pay.

                          Just don't do the fine dining version, you'll be heading to Maccas afterwards, what a waste of money.

                          (And on a very tangential thread drift, we're going to Korea next year so if anyone has any tips/must sees etc....)
                          I lived in Seoul for 3 1/2 years so I could help point you in the right direction. Which cities are you planning on visiting, what time of year do you plan on going and for how long, and who are you travelling with?

                          Cheers,

                          Bruce

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                            I lived in Seoul for 3 1/2 years so I could help point you in the right direction. Which cities are you planning on visiting, what time of year do you plan on going and for how long, and who are you travelling with?
                            Cheers,
                            Bruce
                            Sweet, I'll PM you.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X