Well kept secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well kept secret

I spend a fair bit of time on a very big International forum that has a majority of members from the USA.
    Regularly, someone will post a thread on coffee.
    I am always gobsmacked at how unsophisticated the vast majority of posters are.
    These are guys that own Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, - Mercs & BMWs are a dime a dozen, they claim to be coffee buffs but they mostly do dripolator/percolator or capsule coffee.
    There is virtually no discussion of 'good' coffee shops that know what they are doing. Starbucks is considered 'gourmet coffee'.
    They invariably have no idea who is doing good coffee outside of the USA, but guess "Italy" as that seems an obvious bet.
    The few Aussie members are very smug as they know Australia is the modern 'coffee Mecca'.
    We should be very grateful that we have such a sophisticated 'coffee culture' compared with countries that have been doing it for a lot longer.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    Regularly, someone will post a thread on coffee.
    I am always gobsmacked at how unsophisticated the vast majority of posters are.
    These are guys that own Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, - Mercs & BMWs are a dime a dozen, they claim to be coffee buffs but they mostly do dripolator/percolator or capsule coffee.
    If they are that well-heeled, you'd think they would have someone for that. Maybe that's the problem: they don't have to think about coffee other than to try to sound knowledgeable when discussion arises.

Comment

Jealous much???

Comment

Working...
      X