Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cyclists

Most cyclists I know enjoy a coffee.
    It doesn't follow that all coffee drinkers cycle but there may be a few on here
    Anyway I love it. What a great pass time it is. I have met some absolute cracking people through it from all walks of life.
    Here are my goers. A 2012 S5 I've upgraded to 11s ultegra and a 2009ish P2C I used to tt on but have turned into a roadie. 5800 105 11s. Nearly as fast as the S5 even without the zipps.

Nice Bikes! Its been a while for me but agree if most who ride also enjoy coffee. I dont have any photos but use to have a Time VXR 2012 and a Look 595 of the same year (always liked the thin tube frames personally) Both ran Campagnolo group sets. Great way to stay fit riding a bike.

Comment

I googled them. I dont see many Look or Time bikes here.
      They look like climbing bikes. Light and responsive.
      I'd have one. [emoji106]

Comment

First decent bike I had was a Raleigh Competition MkII*. Next one (17 years later) was a custom Kerry Hopkins in Reynolds 700.

From there on they've been bikes I made myself. Append "cycles" to my username on google if interested.

*For the keen eyed, yes, it had Huret Jubilee derailleurs, still the lightest and least functional derailleurs ever made.
        Last edited by Lyrebird; 20 April 2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Snap...

My first decent bike was also a Raleigh.
          Not as flash as the Competition but served me extremely well from the later 60s onwards...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Raleigh.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	749876

Mal.

Comment

I’ve got a different saddle on it now, but this has been my main ride for the last 12 years.

Comment

One of the blokes I used to race with in Mildura had a Prince that looked alot like that.
              He was very fast on it.
              That still looks in great condition.

Comment

Steel bikes, I haven't had many.
                I had an apollo 2 as a teenager with suntour gears. It served me well but got stolen from the Bulleen Village shopping centre.
                That rocked my world as a teenager. lol

Comment

I ride bikes but wouldn't call myself a cyclist.

Looking to get more into mountain biking but it's a minimum hour and a half drive from where I am to trails I want to ride, makes going out for a quick ride a bit difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
                    I ride bikes but wouldn't call myself a cyclist.

Looking to get more into mountain biking but it's a minimum hour and a half drive from where I am to trails I want to ride, makes going out for a quick ride a bit difficult.
                    I have a mtb but it is from a supermarket. It was cheap but is a bit of a pos so I don't ride it much.
                    Mtb is very popular in Bendigo though.
                    There is an app that might help you find some closer tracks. (Trailforks)
                    I have it but have not used it much. I stick with Strava on the roadie.

(Please resize images before posting)
                    Last edited by warthog; 21 April 2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

While I do have a newer Di2 equipped Colnago, this is what I ride most often. Can't beat a steelie!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	749891

Comment

Originally posted by warthog View Post
                        I googled them. I dont see many Look or Time bikes here.
                        They look like climbing bikes. Light and responsive.
                        I'd have one. [emoji106]
                        Thats what they were, great for climbing. Not that climbing ever gets easier. As mentioned i love the think frame look of them both. Both were carbon fiber and great when you half way up a hill and you are slugging away and you have no more gears to select from lol

Comment

Originally posted by warthog View Post

(Please resize images before posting)
                          Sorry. I have posted all my photos using the tapatalk app.
                          I'll see if there is some way of resizing them on the phone

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
                            Thats what they were, great for climbing. Not that climbing ever gets easier. As mentioned i love the think frame look of them both. Both were carbon fiber and great when you half way up a hill and you are slugging away and you have no more gears to select from lol
                            My gears are getting smaller as I get older.
                            52/36 midcompact on the front and a 32-11 cassette.
                            I rarely use the 36-32 but I can get up anything with it and it's great to have a bail out gear. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by jillybean View Post
                              While I do have a newer Di2 equipped Colnago, this is what I ride most often. Can't beat a steelie!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]21951[/ATTACH]
                              That’s very nice, I don’t blame you.

Comment

Working...
                              X