Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegatarians, vegans will love this.

Carnivore diet
    Bit extreme, but probably no more so than some of the other diets that have done the rounds.

"Beef for lunch, beef for dinner and perhaps a little bone broth for breakfast sounds like a foodie's nightmare, but the so-called "carnivore diet" has been gaining traction — on social media at least.

Key points:

• The carnivore diet allows the consumption of animal products and water
    • A growing number of people claim health benefits such as reduced inflammation
    • Experts warn eating five food groups daily is best practice

Expunging everything except meat and animal products, the carnivore diet has been heavily promoted this year by former United States military trauma and orthopaedic surgeon Shawn Baker, who has been eating up to 2.7 kilograms of meat daily since early 2017."
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-05/carnivore-diet-of-meat-and-water/11757396

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	763556

yeah it's possible. you get your essential minerals, vitamins, and salts from the broth, blood, and organ meats. the inuits and the maasai tribe in kenya live similarly - they eat everything the animal gives them.

Comment

Yep, I think the emphasis is on "everything"...
      Otherwise you will miss out on a lot of essential nutrients.

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
        • Experts warn eating five food groups daily is best practice

Yeah, and its one I practice. I eat at Maccas, KFC, Dominos, Subway and Nandos.

On a serious note, I am happy to let anyone pursue their own diet choices but for some, veganism entitles them to a form of activism or at least dogma: "I've chosen not to consume any animal products, why haven't you?"
        I once shared a house with a practicing vegan who would stand there wearing Doc Martens and leather jacket complaining about my meat based meals.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
          Yeah, and its one I practice. I eat at Maccas, KFC, Dominos, Subway and Nandos.

On a serious note, I am happy to let anyone pursue their own diet choices but for some, veganism entitles them to a form of activism or at least dogma: "I've chosen not to consume any animal products, why haven't you?"
          I once shared a house with a practicing vegan who would stand there wearing Doc Martens and leather jacket complaining about my meat based meals.
          True vegans don’t wear leather as it’s an all encompassing lifestyle rather than just a diet. Not sure what the muppet you lived with was in about. The righteous ones (of any type) drive me mad too.

Comment

vegan doc martens are a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse View Post
              vegan doc martens are a thing.
              So they are, learn something new everyday and all that but this was in the early 1990s and when I pointed out her hypocrisy, she didn't deny it

Comment

So they are, learn something new everyday and all that but this was in the early 1990s and when I pointed out her hypocrisy, she didn't deny it
                ah okay, fair

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                  True vegans don’t wear leather as it’s an all encompassing lifestyle rather than just a diet.
                  True but at the time veganism was a bit of a new thing and thee weren't as many choices as now.

Comment

If we weren’t supposed to eat animals, why are they made outta meat?

Comment

Originally posted by herzog View Post
                      If we weren’t supposed to eat animals, why are they made outta meat?
                      And why do they taste so good?

They were born to be delicious. Pork crackling, apple sauce and roast vegetables.

I rest my case.

Comment

I eat vegetarian cows and sheep

Comment

Mmmmmmm baaacon.

Comment

I'm very suspicious of dietary advice which on the surface sounds plausible but in reality can cause great upsets in lifestyle but health.

The paleo diet, the latest fad, by an anti-vaccine chef venturing outside his expertise into medicine.

Then there's one of the first ones, the old Israeli army diet. Kiss your weight problem goodbye --and your health too.

Like everything else, it's about moderation and food diversity.

Calories do count (Believe me, I count them every damn day). And eating tons of meat exclusively will stack on tons of calories.

Having said that, I love the occasional barbecued T-bone and 100% pure, nothing but pork sausages barbecued.

Comment

Not a strict vego of any description but appreciate the benefits some people can get from red meat intake restriction, during the work week cutting it out comes with benefits, but come the weekend... from my current favourite blocal burger place...Click image for larger version

Name:	CharliesBBQ_BOTM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	751104

Comment

Working...
                              X