This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Upload

Briefly with this new forum software there was a cute camera icon in the top right of of the page, gotcha was it would put the picture in the post and also create a thumbnail at the bottom of the same image. It was a bit messy.

Luckily there is another way.

1: Click the Image button in the editor bar.

Image Button

2: Click the Upload tab and Choose File from your computer
    3: Hit Send it to the Server
    4:
    Click the tab Image Info

Select the file and send to server

5: On the Image Info tab, add the Description (Alt) - this become "mouse over" text.
    6: If your image is too big you can resize it here (or in the next step)

Add a description and resize

Your image will be posted into the page and you can continue typing your post.

7: If the image size is still too big, you can grab the corner and resize it

Jamaica Blue Mountain

With a few simple clicks, you can upload images, resize them and position them in your post to look great.

I notice sometimes that there is a "Share Photo" icon displayed on the LH side of this typing panel and when used, makes for a very tidy method for the inclusion of images. Just wondering why it doesn't seem to be a permanent fixture?

Mal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photos.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	837415
    Attached Files

Comment

Those green icons are dependant on where on the forum you are Mal, I don't use them myself. The grey ones are universal to the whole forum.

The [Upload Attachments] button under the quick reply box is also useful for larger images.
      • Click on [Upload Attachments] then select the image from your hard drive.
      • Click where you want to insert the image in the message that you are typing.
      • Select the size you want shown.
      You can insert Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, Fullsize.

Here are the different sizes using a site sponsor image (for a known scale)

Thubnail
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Decent_Espresso_2.jpg Views:	22 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	837423

Small
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Decent_Espresso_2.jpg Views:	13 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	837424

Medium
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Decent_Espresso_2.jpg Views:	13 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	837425

Large
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Decent_Espresso_2.jpg Views:	13 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	837426

Fullsize
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Decent_Espresso_2.jpg Views:	14 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	837427

On this example the Fullsize is the same as large because that's the size of the image.
      You can always just select the size that makes sense in the content and people can click the attached image for a full sized one if needed.

Comment

• Dimal
        Dimal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Andy...

Yes, that's the one I use most of the time too but was just wondering about the errant green photo button.

I for one liked the randomly formatted images having posted more than my fair share in the past.

Comment

Working...
      X