Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is instant coffee worse than ground roast beans for high blood pressure

Or is there no difference?

Im no doctor but if the issue with high blood pressure and coffee is caffeine then it would not matter if it was fresh roasted beans or instant. Im sure a doctor can advise what is safe to have (if any) and then you can work out the dose of caffeine that can be had, whether that is fresh or instant is up to you.

Comment

Very open ended and complex question. In short, multiple studies have shown very conflicting results. Some say espresso raises blood pressure, some say its not the caffeine per-say but other chemicals that block receptors, yet some say its a vasodilator, meaning it opens the vessels and in turn, decreases your systolic blood pressure. If you're a habitual coffee drinker - the effects would most likely be negligible. A cup of roasted, ground and brewed coffee however usually contains more caffeine than a cup of instant coffee.

Comment

I gave up drinking Instant Coffee a long time ago but I remember that I thought that Instant 'geed' me up more than Espresso.
        I refuse Instant if offered and generally take my own 'Coffee Bags' with me and use those if decent Espresso isn't available.

Comment

Most instant coffee has a very high proportion of cheap and nasty Robusta in its recipe which is definitely higher in caffeine than Arabica. Also, the amount of coffee found in a typical brew depends a lot on the brew method used. Basically, the longer that the coffee is in contact with the water before consuming, the higher will be the proportion of caffeine. Espresso coffee for example, has the lowest proportion per unit weight of coffee whereas Cold Brew (steeping method) and French Press have the highest...

Mal.

Comment

• Dimal
            Dimal commented
            Editing a comment
            The Robusta that Andy sells is most definitely NOT of the cheap and nasty variety...

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
          I gave up drinking Instant Coffee a long time ago but I remember that I thought that Instant 'geed' me up more than Espresso.
          I refuse Instant if offered and generally take my own 'Coffee Bags' with me and use those if decent Espresso isn't available.
          I might have to try that trick of bringing my own coffee bags. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X