Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunbean Cafe Crema - non-pressurised baskets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbean Cafe Crema - non-pressurised baskets?

Ive been searching coffee snobs in an attempt to find an online stockist of a real filter basket for my sunbeam cafe crema. So far Ive had no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can get a two cup basket?

It needs to be online because I cant get to a service center.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte.

Re: Sunbean Cafe Crema - non-pressurised baskets?

Hey Charlotte, I have a similar Sunbeam machine and was also searching for a non-pressurised basket - until I upgraded instead!

About the only way to source these seems to be from Krupps repair agents - I contacted Krupps and was sent a spreadsheet of their repair agents - PM me with an email address if youd like me to send it to you as I dont think I can attach a file to a forum post...

I think Ive seen a couple of people quote part numbers on this site for the baskets, and that theyve successfully ordered them over the phone (paying with credit card presumably).

Good luck!

Comment

This should help - quote from here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1128380756/24

Originally posted by Mearesy link=1128380756/15#17 date=1128422651
      Hi Matt
      No mate, I have the "Cafe Crema" (lucky me, hey? :-?) What I did was call the National number for Krups - (61) 2 97 48 79 44. I then asked them where my nearest service centre for krups is, and they gave me contact details for them. I live in Toowoomba, SE QLD and so my nearest service centre was on the gold coast.

So.. gave them a call and asked if I could order part #0907163 which is the double filter basket. I also asked if they were able to source the single filter basket as well, and they were able to find out what part number that was and ordered me both. Sorry, but Im not sure what the part number is for the single. A week or so later, they arrived in the mail and a grin came over my face as I poured my first wonderfuly improved non-pressurised shot

Hope that helps! All credit goes to mattyj on this one, he told me everything I have written here, so thanks matty! Certianly worth the effort in tracking one down though, I cannot stress enough the difference it made to my shots!

Ben

Comment

Thanks so much! Ill get onto that today

Comment

I ordered the basket from the krups number above - it will take 3 - 4 weeks because they are out of stock! It was a rip off ($10.95 for the basket, $8.95 postage!!!), but i guess its TOTALLY worth it!

Comment

Hi Charlotte

Id only recommend the double basket!  The complexity & crema in the double shots are far superior to the single. 8-)

Regards
            Andrew

Comment

Yep, all I ordered was the 0907163 which I HOPE was the double basket! On the phone, the customer service operator asked why I wanted a Krups basket for a sunbeam machine :P

Comment

Good luck Charlotte, let us know how it goes!

Im thinking of ordering a krupps basket for my old Sunbeam - the coffee at work is undrinkable! They have a commercial machine and grinder but always run about 200ml of water through the coffee!

Comment

Ill let you know how it goes. Hopefully the basket gets here sooner rather than later...although Im still working on getting a grinder so I need that too!

Comment

How did you go with this basket? Im looking at doing the same thing and want to know if I need to modify the group head in any way to make it work?

Comment

Thanks guys for all these posts, the information has proved invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by 6A767B737F6C687B722C2E2E2A1E0 link=1193121341/9#9 date=1203306726
                        How did you go with this basket? Im looking at doing the same thing and want to know if I need to modify the group head in any way to make it work?
                        no you dont have to modify the group head. the basket that you order should fit your portafilter.
                        the only thing is that youll need a decent grinder and fresh beans to be able to get good coffee with the new baskets

Comment

Hey I have the same machine and considering purchasing a non pressurised basket. Does anyone knopw how much they are? Also how did it go with the basket?? Is it any good?? And where did you get it from?
                          thanks

Comment

Time for me to ask too!!!

I am wanting to try a non-pressurised basket in my machine.

Heres hoping the OP still looks on here.

/R

Comment

I got the Krups double basket from the local spare parts emporium (luckily not far from me so no postage! - I just looked in the yellow pages and rang around till I found somewhere that stocked them). $12 or so I think. It works really well with the Sunbeam, much better than the original baskets. I did modify the spring in the group head (just bent it a little with a pair of pliers) so it gripped the basket a little tighter as the krups one is not such a tight fit as the original.

Comment

Working...
                              X