Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krups 978 Novo 4100 (Can I make it better)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krups 978 Novo 4100 (Can I make it better)

I have a Krups 978 that doesnt seem to make the greatest Espresso. I wondered if anyone has any experience with changing out the baskets or modifying it to improve results. Otherwise let me know if it is a lost cause.

Re: Krups 978 Novo 4100 (Can I make it better)

hey mts
    i had a similar novo something and found that unscrewing the black plastic section of the portafilter helped (somewhow). it basically created a naked portafilter.

do u have a grinder?
    do you have a tamper? if i recall, the basket is around 53mm diameter so difficult to find a tamper that fits well.

the baskets are also a bit funny where they have little hols and also thin lines...not sure why...i would try to find baskets that only have holes and see if that helps. i discovered that i was getting squirters from the lines.

also, check out this: http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/krups_novo_series

cheers

aaron

Comment

Hi there,
      how do you proceed to unscrew the black plastic section for this: Krups 978 Novo 4100 espresso machine
      ?
      [It seems like I may have got one second hand.]

If/when you unscrew the plastic section are all other functions saved? (1/2 cups selection, used coffee grounds ejection, etc...)

Thank you for your answer!

Comment

Anyone knows where /what to look up/ to buy a naked portafilter for this: Krups 978 Novo 4100 espresso machine
        ?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X