De Longhi filter basket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De Longhi filter basket?

My son has a consumer Delonghi with pressurised pf, has anyone or do you know where I could get a basket to fit the pf and make it non pressurised and improve his shots?

Re: De Longhi filter basket?

Originally posted by greenman link=1204175063/0#0 date=1204175054
    My son has a consumer Delonghi with pressurised pf, do you know where I could get a basket to fit the pf and make it non pressurised and improve his shots?
    The basket is 50ml from from to rim. The inside of basket is 47ml--would another brands basket fit the DeLonghi? Perhaps Breville, Gaggia?
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hi greenman

for a single use the breville single from the ESP4
      for a double the saeco via venezia will fit.
      you need to shave about 1 mm of the inside of the delonghi handle, this can be done with a piston hone or similar

graham

Comment

Thanks Graham I will give it a go.
        cheers
        Trevor

Comment

I took the pf into garage yesterday and ground 1mm from inside of aluminium pf, my old Saeco Via Venezia is sitting in storeroom waiting for my daughter to move into her new home so I had a filter basket sitting there waiting. After carefully shaving 1mm away the Saeco double basket fitted perfectly into the handle. I then got my old spring loaded tamper out and ground it down to fit the basket perfectly and presto my son now has a non-pressurised DeLonghi, I now have to teach him about dose, grind and tamp and he should be producing a far better espresso.
          Thanks for the advice Graham it worked a treat!!!
          regards
          Trevor

Comment

Working...
          X