Aldi Espresso machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi Espresso machine

Aldi have a new espresso machine with Temperature guage (from next thursday 21st).  I can not find any specs on this machine on the net.  I am assuming it is a thermoblock with pressurised baskets but who knows.  The temp guage is intersting for this price bracket,  I would be interested to see how it goes,  from the pictures i cant actually see any Temp Values on the guage so it is probably a bit dodgy.  Any way, thought I would post it incase anybody interested.

PS.  If anybody can find specs please link them.

I am assuming Im not permitted to link the webpage from aldi so I didnt.

Re: Aldi Espresso machine

Espresso Machine
    ea $ 249 *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15-bar Italian electromagnetic pump
    Die cast aluminium housing
    1L water tank capacity
    Steam nozzle
    Temperature gauge
    Power indicator light
    Includes additional filters, coffee stamper and stainless steel jug
    Available in red or black

Comment

Yep, thats the one. I wasnt sure what I could or couldnt post so I didnt.

If anybody could find the Specs that would be good. I have searched but cant find anything on Lumina Signature Espresso Machine. I dont really need them as Im not going to purchase one, im just curious.

Comment

And for just $7.99 you can get a matching grinder...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1218674704/0#3 date=1218678470
          And for just $7.99 you can get a matching grinder...

Good one Den.

Yeah I could tink of a zillion other things to waste $249 on. They look like osme of the other machines out there though. I think Delonghi and that Francis thing look like that dont they?

Comment

Its an Aldi machine trying to be a Synesso with the lever for the steam - love it hahahaha

Comment

Hee hee, onion coffee. Nicely played Den ;D

Though it looks like a big step up from the $60 they put out a few years back.

Comment

It looks alright to me. I found the same unit here.

http://tinyurl.com/65dvvx

Maybe Im just a sucker for red. :

Comment

Well spotted antman.

Comment

yep. i wouldnt put any real expectations upon it. I would doubt its capabilities somewhat...

Ray.

Comment

Found the company website. It looks like all they make are coffee machines. Be interesting to see if the are any good. You never know they might be a bargain. Ill wait for someone else to try first though...

http://yz-jinmao.fuzing.com/

Comment

caveat emptor!

Comment

i think the previous link is only a trading company in china. the actual manufacturer is http://www.wingkin.cc/newEbiz1/EbizPortalFG/portal/html/index.html. I have tried to upload some brochures (only 110 KB) but i keep on getting this error message This attachment causes the attachments directory to exceed its maximum capacity by approximately 1106 kilobytes and cannot be uploaded.

maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

mario

Comment

Yes, dont upload the brochures. The link above is quite sufficient.

Mike

Comment

thank you speleomike,

i would have 2 gloss brochures if I could upload them but as you mentioned you can get all the specs on the manufacturers website.

I have tried the machine last week as we have ordered 5 samples and while it looks really funky and makes reasonable coffee, the steam however is on of the weakpoints. As are the operation procedures when you turn the machine on. The ground coffee operation was disapointing so far. We had far better results with other machines half the price. But i will not make my final judgement yet as I believe there are parts missing or something on our machines.

On the positive side, the machine is solid & heavy build, looks great and it is value for money because i can tell you Aldi is not making much profit on this thing. You can get similar machines if you want the retro look but dont take my word for it about quality or anything else as i dont have "ABSOLUTELY NO" interest in any of them. I believe all of them are available in red, black, etc...

mod edit- commercial links removed. Please read site sales and posting policy

If anyone is interesting i will give you an update in the next day or so.

regards

Mario

Comment

Working...
                              X