Anyone heard of Poccino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of Poccino?

Hi everyone, I just bought an Italian made espresso machine, its brand name is Poccino and I think the model is Linea-Uno. Ive been searching for more information on the internet and cant seem to find anything. Only thing i came across was that it is equivalent, the same build as Saeco Genio.

Anyone familiar with this brand and model? I would love to know about it a little more. How good it is, where its from, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone heard of Poccino?

it certainly looks the biz - is the group handle as solid as it looks? You could use that as a personal weapon in the event of attack!

Pat

Comment

Id say these have been built for the German market as nearly all sites regarding this are in German

Comment

Hmm their website doesnt seem to list your particular model.

Nice looking machines though. I particularly like the look of the "Arte di POCCINO Bar"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I asked the lady I bought it off, she says that its about 20 years old and Italian made. Thats all Ive found out so far.

the pf looks pretty odd (like a weapon, your right), I havent received it yet, should be this week sometime. Cant wait.

Its equivalent to this model, see image: Saeco Genio

Comment

I used to have a Saeco Genio once. The Poccino Linea Uno is the same animal, but with that horrible looking portafilter handle. It was made by Saeco in the 1990s. It has a brass boiler, brass OPV, ULKA EX5 pump and a manual style pressurized portafilter. The machine is surpsisingly tiny sized, but pretty heavy at the same time (metal housing).
            Its water reservoir is a plastic pipe with a funky water level indicator:
            a "STOP" sign is popping up from the cap of the water reservoir when the water level is becoming critical. I liked this machine for its little footprint and its build quality. Match it with an unpressurized Saeco portafilter and you have a nice little machine.

Comment

Working...
            X