Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi guys im a bit of a newbie to coffee making, I have always loved espresso coffee and enjoy making espressos with my stove top perculator but ive decided that its time to start getting a it more serious about it.

Im looking at getting coffee machine for under $500 and after some research (not a lot) I decided on a Saeco Via Venezia with a Sunbeam EM0450. Is this a good grinder for this machine ? And is this machine a good starting point for a beginner ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Another Newbie

Hi Sully, and welcome to CoffeeSnobs!

Im not sure if youve seen this link, but its worth having a quick look at.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1221229250

You might like to drop into the Grinders section here on CoffeeSnobs and have a read of some of the threads on the particular grinder youre interested in and drop a query there too.

I notice in the above thread (in the tag-lines under their posts) that one of our CoffeeSnobs who owns a Saeco VV also has it paired with a Mini Mazzer which is an excellent prosumer grinder and will survive any eventual upgrade you make of the VV into prosumer espresso machine territory.

Comment

Hi and welcome sully
      For similar money you can get a Nemox Dell Opera. A combo machine with grinder for $799

http://coffeemachine.com.au/nemox-dell-opera-p-106.html?osCsid=8fa27bfec8212dc51e7e436645f0d96a

KK

Comment

A friend has that combo and makes reasonable coffee, although she is not fussy about her procedures (and she uses skim milk--yuk!).
        If you go ahead, the coffee can be improved by modifying the portafilter to be non-pressurised, --not a complex job if my reading is correct.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X