Kambrook KES300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kambrook KES300

Anyone ever tried the Kambrook KES300 with integated Milk Frother ?
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question, I love coffee but am new to the home coffee machines, BUT would I be able to use this unit if I ground down the coffee beans through a grinder previously or am I only able to use this machine with Instant Coffee ?

Re: Kambrook KES300

The fact that cappacino is spelt incorrectly on Kambrooks website is probably indicative of the (poor) quality of coffee youll get from this machine.

Ive not used this machine but it appears to be a kettle that also froths milk so I doubt it can be used with ground coffee.  Rather than spend $170 you can heat up milk in the microwave and use a $20 frother.  

Even better, buy a sunbeam em0450 grinder for $150 (or a better quality second hand grinder) and a coffee plunger for some decent tasting coffee.

Comment

http://www.kambrook.com.au/product.asp?id=266
      The website description only mentions instant coffee.

I will assume then that its nothing like an espresso machine, in which case, no you couldnt use ground beans with it.

It is listed as a kettle.

Comment

Hi Thundergod, thanks for the reply.

What is the difference between an espresso machine and one thats not , I thought I would be fine if I just grounded the beans before I put it in the machine ?

What are the other good kinds you can get for under $200 and what makes them different ?

Comment

Instant coffee is coffee that has been brewed and dried.
          Real coffee can be made several ways, the 2 most common being with a plunger and an espresso machine.

You can buy an entry level espresso machine for under $200 which are designed to be used with stale pre-ground beans you get from the supermarket.

Im sure most people on this site would agree that youre better off spending that money on a grinder and making your coffee with a plunger.

Comment

Originally posted by 595852415F5A40330 link=1244457504/4#4 date=1244462112
            Instant coffee is coffee that has been brewed and dried.
            Real coffee can be made several ways, the 2 most common being with a plunger and an espresso machine.

You can buy an entry level espresso machine for under $200 which are designed to be used with stale pre-ground beans you get from the supermarket.

Im sure most people on this site would agree that youre better off spending that money on a grinder and making your coffee with a plunger.
            So you are telling me if I buy one of the cheaper Sunbeam models under $200 that cannot be used with grounded beans that I have done myself through a grinder ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2A3B3C203A2C27490 link=1244457504/5#5 date=1244463689
              So you are telling me if I buy one of the cheaper Sunbeam models under $200 that cannot be used with grounded beans that I have done myself through a grinder ?
              erm....the term is "ground" (not the electrical do this before I get electrocuted one  ;D)

A bare minimum grinder for espresso is the low end Sumbeam 450 at circa $150. Dont waste your $$$ on anything less.

2mcm

Comment

As long as your grinder can grind fine enough for espresso then you can use it with any espresso machine.

Do you already have a grinder? If so what sort?

Comment

Instant Café Cappuccino Maker
                  KES300

* Create great cappaccinos with instant coffee
                  * Integrated milk frother
                  * Large capacity
                  * Self cleaning function
                  * 3 cup milk tray
                  * Cup storage plate
                  * Make hot chocolate, malted milk drinks, chai latt & black coffee

kk

Comment

Originally posted by 1C3831313232081C38243A38570 link=1244457504/8#8 date=1244464082
                    Instant Café Cappuccino Maker
                    KES300

kk
                    Sheesh- they should stick to making irons :

Comment

Originally posted by 3A2B2C302A3C37590 link=1244457504/3#3 date=1244461199
                      What is the difference between an espresso machine and one thats not
                      An espresso machines forces water, under pressure, through ground coffee beans.
                      The beans do not dissolve.
                      Whats left behind, after extracting the coffee, is then thrown out.

When you run water through instant coffee, it dissolves and theres nothing left behind to throw away.
                      Instant coffee is coffee thats already been brewed, then dried to form the powder you see.

Also, most instant coffee is made with Robusta beans not Arabica.
                      Robusta is a much cheaper coffee bean.
                      You get the quality you pay for.

Its spelled cappuccino.

Maybe thats their way of not using espresso to make their "frothy milk on top of instant coffee" drink that they call a "cappaccino".

"Cappuccino is an Italian coffee drink prepared with espresso, hot milk, and steamed-milk foam."

Comment

I am really interested in a cheap espresso machine with an "Integrated Milk Frother" , Anyone know of one ? I have been recommended the "Jura Ena" but I dont see where the Integrated Milk Frother is ? Alsoit is a little out of my price range...

Comment

Originally posted by 4B5A5D415B4D46280 link=1244457504/11#11 date=1244465471
                          I am really interested in a cheap espresso machine with an "Integrated Milk Frother" , Anyone know of one ? I have been recommended the "Jura Ena" but I dont see where the Integrated Milk Frother is ? Alsoit is a little out of my price range...
                          The Jura Ena has Automatic frothing for cappuccinos

You will be wasting your money if you get anything of less quality

Good quality automation costs

KK

Comment

Does the Jura Ena automatically add the froth like the KES300 ?

Comment

Are there no other brands with an integrated milk frother ?

Comment

Working...
                              X