Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 Portafilter fits the Ikon BES400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 Portafilter fits the Ikon BES400?

Hi CSrs,

Has anyone tried the Breville BES800 Portafilter on the the Ikon BES400 group head, it seams to fit but may need a new group seal or spacer.

Perhaps someone has done the swap and tested under pressure (there was a limit with what I could get away with in the shop).

I tried a search with 0 result.

Kind Regards
    Lindsay

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 Portafilter fits the Ikon BES400?

hi
    all new breville pump machine handles are interchangable
    some are alloy others are brass
    graham

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle (group handle (group handle (group handle (port

Graham,

Thanks.

Originally posted by 373829510 link=1245211515/1#1 date=1245481274
      hi
      all new breville pump machine handles are interchangable
      some are alloy others are brass
      graham
      This is exciting new knowledge for me ( Coffee Slob posing as Coffee Snob ).

Hey CSrs anyone got an unwanted BES800 thing that were talking about but cant type?
      Even a dirty old broken one without its original box!

Lindsay

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle (group handle (group handle (group handle (port

Originally posted by 2326212B3C2E363D2E4F0 link=1245211515/0#0 date=1245211515
        (portafilter in the USA)

What does this mean???

Comment

"
          Originally posted by 4E555C4A49443D0 link=1245211515/3#3 date=1245622114
          Originally posted by 2326212B3C2E363D2E4F0 link=1245211515/0#0 date=1245211515
          (group handle (group handle (group handle (group handle (portafilter in the USA) in the USA) in the USA) in the USA) in the USA)

What does this mean???
          I edited that post, does that mean anything now probably not much?
          As to meaning well...
          It either means that I stutter, block copy tremble, dont read what I type and one finger doesnt know what the other finger is thinking or Im Irish.
          You choose?

"To be sure" "To be sure"
          Lindsay

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle (portafilter in the USA) fits the Ikon BES400?

Yeah I had that repeating thing happening when quoting your post too
            But what does (portafilter in the USA) mean

Comment

Errrrrrrrrrrrr....
              Ive got the same problem
              When posting it keeps adding words that Im not even typing.... weird
              anyway
              what does the term "p o r t a f i l t e r  i n  t h e  U S A" mean
              (I had to put spaces in between to stop it repeating)...

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle (portafilter in the USA) fits the Ikon BES400?

I think it must be something to do with a programming thing that is picked up when you type a certain string.

I remember Andy set one up when someone recently was trying to pump a certain brand of coffee.

Made it change to "boring, stupid plug" or something. It was quite funny ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 667D7462616C150 link=1245211515/5#5 date=1245645067
                  Yeah I had that repeating thing happening when quoting your post too
                  But what does (group handle (group handle (portafilter in the USA) in the USA) mean
                  It refers to the fact that some of the world refers to the bit what holds your coffee as the group handle and some of the world call it the PF or porta filter.

Certain words in posts get things done to them behind the scenes.
                  Like beanbay, a sponsors name like Coffee Parts and in this case, group handle or porta filter (something triggers it) ;-)

And of course, links to a certain auction site.

Oh, and it gets worse if you modify your post too! Especially if the quoted text had the phrase in it. See above above above.

Its like Homer and having Brain damage amage amage amage.

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle (group handle (portafilter in the USA) in the U

Originally posted by 58434A5C5F522B0 link=1245211515/6#6 date=1245645529
                    Errrrrrrrrrrrr....
                    Ive got the same problem
                    When posting it keeps adding words that Im not even typing.... weird
                    anyway
                    what does the term "p o r t a f i l t e r  i n  t h e  U S A" mean
                    (I had to put spaces in between to stop it repeating)...
                    Thanks Shawty,

I like your solution its great ( if you cant go through go around - Ill try to learn this lesson )
                    I had a real battle with the ghosts and the ghosts won.

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle fits the Ikon BES400?

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249716541/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if the Breville BES800 group handle fits the Ikon BES400?

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249716541/7#7][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Comment

Working...
                        X