Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• em4800 non-pressurised baskets??

hey everyone,

a friend just brought a Sunbeam em4800c espresso machine and I told him it has pressurised baskets and told him he needs to get non-pressurised baskets.
    Is it Krups that do a non-pressurised baskets that fit it?? Where do you get them & how much??

Thanks all

Re: em4800 non-pressurised baskets??

Hmm I remember reading about this somewhere.
    If Im not mistaken, either call Krups or one of the sponsors here stock them. Ill post it here if I can find it.

Comment

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1197963857/20

Check that thread.

Comment

Hi guys i have just bought one of these machines[ my first ] and so thought i should join a forum like this. I am curious what the difference is between pressurised and non, for this machine in particular. Is it something that is a must do ? Any help to improve my coffee experience would be appreciated. I have a lot to learn about grind and tamping I hear.

Comment

Pullman Espresso <<<<< stocks them or you can do a search and find the Krups number that has been posted many times.

Comment

I have a krups non pressurised basket and seal still in the plastic.
            I bought 2 of each and have since sold my sunbeam 4800.

It looks alot like the sunbeam single basket but non pressurised.

I think it cost me around $40 all up so I am willing to sell for that plus any postage or can be picked up from Caringbah in Sydney.

As I said its still in the plastic and fits the sunbeams.

Comment

I thought it was a Krups one. How much difference will it make (does it make any difference)?? Or is this machine not very suitable for normal baskets??

Comment

Hey Rosco the difference between a pressurized and non-pressurized basket is if u turn them upside down the pressurized basket has one hole compaired to heaps on the bottom of a non-pressurized. The coffe in a pressurized baskets is forced through the one hole under great pressure giving u a "fake" crema that disperses a lot quicker than normal.

So yes it is better to have a non- pressurized basket but this foes mean ur beans, grind and tamp needs to be better. But this will give u a better crema and ultimatley better coffee.

Comment

thanks that makes sense i suppose, will these things make any real difference to my basic machine or do i need to spend a heap of money to get better coffee?

Comment

Working...
                  X