Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder and Plunger or Lelit combi PL042

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, especially for those of you who have commercial experience. To test various types of coffee beans, which is the best way.

Use of:
    Mazzer mini manual grinder and plunger
    or
    Lelit combi PL042

Thanks.

Re: Grinder and Plunger or Lelit combi PL042

Give this a try
    Grinder & Syphon or Grinder & Pour-over

KK

Comment

Ive also come across Rancilio Silvia, Stainless Rocky Grinder Package, what do you guys think. Which option is worth a try, of course eventually, Id love my coffee to be made from an espresso machine though.

But because I saw some of the review saying its better to get a good Grinder, which I assume Mazem mini manual is one of them, and just use a plunger or as advised by Koffee Kosmo (Thanks man, good tips), to use Grinder & Syphon or Grinder & Pour-over.

As much opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

The answer has to depend (at least in part) on your clientele.

If they mostly make espresso--make espresso to taste your beans/roast; if they are pour-over or french press users--use one of those.

Of course the classic cupping tools are nothing more than a grinder and a heat-proof glass...(and a well-trained palate ).

Greg

Comment

I guess my options now between

Lelit combi PL042 (around $800) or The Silvia with the Rancilio Rocky 2009 (around $1200).

What do you guys think I should get?

Comment

Originally posted by 657768656A040 link=1250655727/4#4 date=1250663290

Lelit combi PL042 (around $800) or The Silvia with the Rancilio Rocky 2009 (around $1200).

What I would get Vs suits you may well be diferent...

You do not say where you are... But I would strongly recomend you visit a sponsor and seee / try some systems...

Espressos or Milk based ... What is the drink that is most likley to be made... It will impact on the equipment and your satifsaction..

Comment

Originally posted by 382A353837590 link=1250655727/2#2 date=1250658389
              Ive also come across Rancilio Silvia, Stainless Rocky Grinder Package, what do you guys think. Which option is worth a try, of course eventually, Id love my coffee to be made from an espresso machine though.

Originally posted by 382A353837590 link=1250655727/4#4 date=1250663290

Man, after reading these two posts I am so confused.

To me they both look like espresso machines :-?

Comment

Hey All,

Ye. Ive decided to go for espresso machine, but just wondering of the combi is worth a start, I am pretty much straining my budget if I go for the silvia and rocky..

Has anyone has experience with Lelit combi PL042 and Silvia with the Rancilio Rocky 2009?

Comment

Working...
                X