No announcement yet.

NEW EM5900 + EM0450 - $238 from Target!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW EM5900 + EM0450 - $238 from Target!

Hey CSers

my EM2300 is on its last legs I think, so gave me a good excuse to look for a new machine (plus the grinder I always wanted )

I confirmed with Target at Eastgardens, Sydney.   I think sale is ending soon so get in there

hope this is helpful!

Iggs

Just realised in posting rules that no external links allowed - my mistake, sorry!

Re: NEW EM5900 + EM0450 - $238 from Target!

Man, and I thought I got a good deal 6 months ago. Thats a steal for this combo. Although the 6910+0480 can be had for under 500 now, crazy.

Comment

Yeah... I got mine only about 6 weeks ago and paid over $100 more, darn...

Looks like Sunbeam is clearing away stock to make way for new models perhaps?

Comment

Picked up one of these the other day for my wife (mothers day) after seeing the prices. Had to do a bit of hunting but found a store in Melbourne with 3 left. (now 2). $199.98. Id suggest ringing around if your keen for one. PM me if youd like to know where. (south east)

Comment

Hmmm this sounds like a bargain to me. Looks like me betetr get out and find one.....

Comment

Are the insides of the 5900 the same as the 6910 - except for the dual thermoblocks?

Comment

I wonder if target at melb CBD would match the price?

Comment

Yeh anone know anywhere in Vic where this is still sold? Kaboom PM sent yesterday.....

Comment

Originally posted by 71646E6C6B6C716064767C050 link=1300660815/7#7 date=1304321497
                  Yeh anone know anywhere in Vic where this is still sold? Kaboom PM sent yesterday.....
                  PM sent.

Comment

I just bought this pack today from Target Erina. They told me they had two more left out the back (plus the display model - dont know if thats for sale too?)
                    $199.88, but they have 20% off at the moment, so cost me $169.89.
                    Absolute steal

Comment

Bargain of the century. I got mine for $230 a while back and thought theyd made a mistake. Sunbeams website still shows the RRP of the coffee machine on its own as $449. The grinder is $139. Total value $588.

I can vouch for the 5900 as being a very nice machine in this price bracket. I used to own a 4800 and this is waaaaaay better.

P.S. $199.88 - 20% = $159.90 so you got ripped off 

Comment

Damn it! Ill have to put this one on Ebay and go buy another for $159.90. ;D

Comment

this is crazy! i though my bargain at $238 was good!

is the target sale a nationwide thing? im curious to check some sydney stores for friends

we should start a little club for bargain 5900 owners haha

Comment

Melb CBD only had EM4800 with grinder for $199

Comment

Tried my machine out last night... it was good(ish) but had concerns with it.
                              The coffee coming out is kinda cold. I checked the temp by removing group handle, putting a thermometer up to the group head and pressed coffee to make water come out, and it only registered about 68 degrees. I then did the thing to manually increase the temp as high as it could go, and only increased to about 75 degrees.
                              Pulling a shot, the coffee is luke warm. Is this normal?
                              i called Sunbeam and they said it should be 92, so gave me a replacement code.
                              Hot water function and steam function are also not that hot either, so maybe the thermoblock just aint that good.
                              Has anyone else had this issue?
                              Also, the 1 cup basket (coupled as a pod basket - will never use it for that function!) seems quite shallow. When I put 7g of coffee in tamp, the coffee sits about 2mm down from the rim, and in only 1 of 5 attempts did coffee actually come through. When it does i get a dry puck, but the coffee itself has little to crema, it doesnt last long, and tastes weak.
                              However when I put 14g of coffee in the double basket and tamp, the coffee sits about 10mm down from the rim. I got a 60ml shot in about 32 sec, much more crema, fuller tasting espresso, but soggy puck with water on top (may be due to pressurized basket, am investigating what non-pressurized to get, maybe Breville ones?)
                              Anyway, if you have any thoughts on the above that would be great, Target Hornsby said they have a couple of these today and have set one aside for my replacement, but if youre lucky you might be able to snap one up!
                              And the sale is 15% off, not 20% as I had thought... so yes, correct price is $169... which is just down right stupidly cheap!

Comment

Working...
                              X