Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for Fluid-o-tech piston pump which leaks into the earth

Hi All,

I am relatively new to this site and the world of coffee machines and would really appreciate some advice. 

I was given a rancilio roberto coffee machine over the weekend.  Tried it and nothing at all worked, figured out it was the water level sensor and have essentially adjusted it to always think there is water in the reservoir. 

Long story short got 2X coffees out of it and was then running the pump a lot trying to see if I could figure out when the pressure tank was full, and all of a sudden the pump just started on its own (and never stopped)!! Any attempt to actually turn it on blew the fuse on the house!  I am not bad with electronics and the active wire is leaking into the earth on the pump. hence completing the circuit without the switchs being pressed.  I think it is apparent that I need a new pump! 

Anyway now I am finally getting to the point, (unless people do not think I need a new pump) what pump can I get to replace it?  Can I just use an Ulka Ex5/ep5 (by the way what is the difference between the ex5 and ep5?)?  Or would people recommend something different?  I know little about the pumps.  Will I need a few adaptors as well?

A link to photos of the pump is here:
    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd350/philipbc/

As for the machine just ask and I can upload some photos of it too..

Thanks for any advice
    Phil
Working...
X