IKON steam tip broken off due to overtightening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IKON steam tip broken off due to overtightening

The thread of the steam tip has is screwed in and the tip itself has snapped off. Any ideas on how to remove the steam tip thread? Also, where I can get another steam tip that fits?

Re: IKON steam tip broken off due to overtightening

Maybe ring Breville spares. I reckon if youre not overly handy, it may be simpler to replace the entire steam arm.

I would imagine removing the remnants of the tip only would involve trying to carefully drill it out... but Im one of the ones who would consider myself "not overly handy" ;D

Comment

Haha yeah, im the kind of person that attempts to fix intricate parts and ends up ruining everything. I tried removing the whole steam arm from the ball joint, but it wouldnt budge and i didnt wanna completely strip the nut.

Comment

Hmmm... got any handy mates?

Comment

Well wouldnt you know it, stuck a pair of scissors in the steam wand and unscrewed the piece of thread out. Now to find a new tip.

Comment

Originally posted by 36262A31312C362D372428272A450 link=1309501134/4#4 date=1309503965
            Well wouldnt you know it, stuck a pair of scissors in the steam wand and unscrewed the piece of thread out. Now to find a new tip. Smiley
            Good job... now refer back to my first response as a starting point (Breville spares).

Comment

Scottishrambo,

Where are you located ?

I have a dead Ikon about to go in the bin. I might be able to help you with the steam tip. 

I also have the ESP4 unpressurised baskets and tamper to fit, which will go to pay it forward if you dont want them.

I kept the dead Ikon after upgrading 12 months ago thinking I might try and fix it to use at work, but alas I have not had the time. Bin time soon.

Im in Redfern in Sydney.

Comment

Mate that would be awesome! Im in Newcastle. Id be willing to pay postage for the tip, basket and tamper if your willing to part with them! Ill pm you.

Comment

Working...
                X