Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM4800 NP basket? Which one please

Hi all

I have a very basic setup, with a sunbeam EM4800. Ive read over the last couple of months that I need a NP basket, and that Krups has been suggested. I called my local supplier in Geelong, and he was convinced that I had my facts wrong, and that a krups basket would make the pour faster, not slower.

He said the krups basket is single walled. I mentioned that the sunbeam one is pressurised, giving a fake crema and fast flow, but he was still not keen to order a krups one, in case it was wrong.

Does anyone have a model number for a Krups, or other basket. I will get a krups seal at the same time, as has been suggested in other threads here.

Ive found a awesome coffee bean supplier in town, and now cant wait to get a grinder too!

Thanks, Chris

Re: Sunbeam EM4800 NP basket? Which one please

Hey Chris,

You just missed out by a week - I gave away a Krups unpressurised basket from my old EM4800 to Iggs - never mind, theyre not expensive (I think less than $10).

Part numbers are:

Double unpressurised basket - #0907163
    Seal - #620342

I dont think I changed my seal to a Krups one, I just changed it to a new Sunbeam one.

Who is the roaster in Geelong?? Cartel? Hope you know Andy is in North Geelong?

Comment

Thanks Tango!

Ahh, should of joined up a week ago, instead of just reading! Oh well Thanks for the model number

Yes, The coffee cartel. Ive recently moved here from country Vic, and found the cartel. HEAVEN. Loved their Yemen a few weeks ago.

Thanks again

Comment

oh, I had not realised Andy was in Geelong, more beans to try

Comment

Breville baskets also fit

Comment

FYI - Uro Coffee has double baskets for $14 (excl postage) for an EM3600..

Comment

Originally posted by 54616E676F000 link=1313582014/1#1 date=1313584411
              theyre not expensive (I think less than $10).

Part numbers are:

Double unpressurised basket - #0907163
              Seal - #620342
              Hi all,

Could someone tell me if there is a bricks & mortar shop in Sydney (preferably western Sydney) that sells these.

I have an EM4800C and would like to go and have a look at a NP basket.

Thanks.

Comment

Brevill ESP 2 double basket (the smaller one of the two) fits the EM4800C handle.

I removed the plastic thingy in the bottom of the PF as well.

I still want to reduce the flow rate but have not yet decided how.
                If anyone know where to get a good OPV at a good price Id love to hear.

8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 676061716D252427140 link=1313582014/7#7 date=1326497134
                  I still want to reduce the flow rate but have not yet decided how.
                  Ummm...grind finer? :

Comment

I have a EM4800 and got the Breville BSWF100 baskets
                    think it was $34 incl express post and they fit perfect,
                    just ring them up and ask them to send them out to you
                    Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X