Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia coffe deluxe and pid

I want to add PID for my Gaggia coffee so i looked on ebay and found this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PID-Temperature-Controller-K-sensor-25A-SSR-20-OFF-/220870722277?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336ceb c2e5#ht_6203wt_952

I want to know will this thread on the K sensor will fit with the thread of the thermostat? Are they same?

Re: Gaggia coffe deluxe and pid

After finding the item from the item number in the URL (broken link?) I noted the description of the thermocouple says that it has a 4.5mm sensor diameter.

In another CS thread it says a 4mm diameter is mentioned for the thermostat hole in a Gaggia Classic (apparently "M4" size, I cant post the thread link - Im too new here and not its allowed, but its thread number 1238569278).

I have no experience in this area so cant comment, but I thought posting the sensor diameter quoted on the K type sensor in question might help someone more experienced to answer you better

Comment

I have a Gaggia Coffee Delux and the thermocouple that worked for me was M4x0.70. I have an auber instruments kit and it works great.

Comment

the original thermostat uses a 4mm thread to screw into the aluminium boiler.
        xEggbert would be correct on the specs.

I drilled a hole down the centre of a stainless steel 4mm screw to mount my thermocouple bead
        think it was about 1mm diameter and a nice tight fit.

Comment

Working...
        X