Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Machine for 15 year old

Hi Guys and Gals,

First post to the forum so here goes. Im 15 and began a job at a cafe in June this year. Ever since, I have grown a passion for coffee, especially making it. It is for this reason that I would love to purchase one with some money from working and/or from Christmas.

I dont want to go all out and buy a really expensive machine, I just want to buy a small one for $250 or less, that I could move around whenever the bench space is needed. I dont want an automatic one as I would love to practice the art of coffee making. Is there anyone who has any ideas of what I should buy?

Thanks

Re: Coffee Machine for 15 year old

Breville or Sunbeam, Get unpressurised baskets, and a decent grinder (em0450 at least), Could have a rather good setup for $250 if you shop around and stay out of big department stores. a Quick online search, and I found a Sunbeam Em3600 for $100 and an em450 grinder for $90. Add the delivery and Unpressurised baskets to that, and youd still have enough left over for beans  ;D

Comment

Thanks Laughing@Fate ;D. Sounds like a plan, Stan! I shall investigate some more. Any other ideas?

Comment

As Laughing indicates, the most critical pieces are the grinder and your skill level. You can learn an awful lot with a simple machine.

There is a much info here and its a good place to start your research.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X