Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Quaha Nepolitana after backflushing

Hi,

When backflushing recently something gave way and I now have a leaking machine.
    I have replaced the group gasket but this was not the problem. Is there a way to trace the leak to its source?

Also I am having great trouble removing the portafilter shroud, and hence the boiler. I cannot find a thin enough socket that will fit around the 8mm nuts on the bottom of the shroud, and when I tried to remove the bolt from the top side in the boiler, it was so tightly bound (even after applying wd40) that the head of the bolt has sheared off.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks Taan

Re: Leaking Quaha Nepolitana after backflushing

Try grinding the walls of the socket down

Comment

Ah, finally got the shroud off, seated the group seal properly, but still leaking under pressure.
      (With blind filter attached and pump going, it holds the pressure for 1-2 seconds and then suddenly starts leaking)

Any suggestions as to the most likely culprit?

Comment

When you say it is leaking, where is it leaking? At the grouphead/portafilter? A pool of water under the machine? Need more info. You recently replaced the Gasket. Do you have the right group gasket fitted? Are you fully locking the portafilter?

A video would be a good start to understand what you mean by leaking.

Comment

Might be worth taking the lid off & checking that its not the boiler seal leaking. Dont poke around inside though with the cover off unless you want a tingling arm & the power to go out in the house.
          I used a high-temp silicone gasket to seal mine a few years back after pulling it apart to replace the element.

Comment

Working...
          X