Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of purchasing a Breville BES840 Infuser Package or a Saeco Via Venezia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of purchasing a Breville BES840 Infuser Package or a Saeco Via Venezia?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here so 100% a newbie! I am looking at buying a new machine as my old Sunbeam Cafe Espresso machine of 5 years finally died. I have heard the Saeco Via Venezia is good and seems to have pretty good reviews, I looked at it last night at store and looked ok..I can get it for around $380.I happened to then look at the new Breville BES840 Infuser which happens to have a promotion on at the moment and you receive a free burr grinder with it for $499. The Breville looks like a nice machine and I noticed it has a few different types of baskets included also. What do you reckon???

Re: Thinking of purchasing a Breville BES840 Infuser Package or a Saeco Via Venezia?

Posted this in your other thread - but Ill copy it here too...

What grinder are they offering? a BCG800 or a BCG450. If the former, that sweetens the deal - if the latter, dont bother.
    Do you already have a grinder? Are you looking for a new one?
    Whats your budget? looks like its between $380 and $500. Have you checked the for sale section? There are second hand silvias in excellent condition comIng up in there often for around that price range. I would highly recommend. Not only will a 2nd hand silvia produce better coffee, it will last longer and be worth more money when youre done with it.
    A VV, BES840 or 2nd hand Silvia will cost you (say) about $400 now. If the VV or BES are still working in 3 years time, the VV will be worth about $100, the BES840, id guess about $50. The Silvia will still be working and probably worth between $200-$300 (depending on how good condition you keep it).
    Net result - VV costs you $300, BES840 $350, Silvia $100-$200.

After going from a new appliance coffee machine to a 7 year old premium machine that cost about the same, Id never buy an appliance again.

Comment

Re: Thinking of purchasing a Breville BES840 Infuser Package or a Saeco Via Venezia?

Greeneyes81, what new machine did you get?  Ive got a Saeco Via Venezia, and am thinking of upgrading to a BES840.  There are few reviews available of the bes840, and any insights would be helpful. 

If youve not yet decided, understand Ive been quite happy with my Saeco, my reason for upgrading are to get a system with more steam, better temp control, and a 3 way valve.

Comment

Hey mate,
        Bought this machine, had it for about a week. Loving it ATM, but still have a lot to learn. Plan on posting up a review when im happy enough with my progress, however im not there yet. But if you have any questions let me know, and Ill be glad to answer as best I can.

Oh and btw, my inlaws own your current machine, which Ive used a fair bit before I got mine, so can probably give a fair assessment.

Comment

What did you get in the end? Im also thinking of the BES840 - that or a 2nd hand Rancilio Silvia... Opinions? Cheers, guys...

Comment

Originally posted by 6C7775477A6A77797C61180 link=1337311943/3#3 date=1341502877
            Hey mate,
            Bought this machine, had it for about a week. Loving it ATM, but still have a lot to learn. Plan on posting up a review when im happy enough with my progress, however im not there yet. But if you have any questions let me know, and Ill be glad to answer as best I can.

Oh and btw, my inlaws own your current machine, which Ive used a fair bit before I got mine, so can probably give a fair assessment.
            Much appreciated!  From what I saw from the seattlecoffee gear video, the steam looks ok, but Im curious about the shot temp and hot water tap temp.  Is It above 90C (195f)?

Whats the result in the cup compared to the Saeco? 

Can the hot water tap dispense a full cup of water, and keep the temp high/stable? 

Lastly, how long has it been for sale? There has been so little on the net about this machine, Im a it nervous about getting one, but also helpful it follows in the bes900s path of being a big step up

Comment

Originally posted by 4E676D4451020 link=1337311943/5#5 date=1341600612
              Lastly, how long has it been for sale?
              It was officially announced late Feb this year, not sure when the first units went up for sale but it is a very young machine at this point.

Comment

Working...
              X