Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breville 800es Wand Replacement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breville 800es Wand Replacement

    A small amount of water and steam is leaking from the top of the wand on my Breville 800es so I contacted Breville and they told me that it sounds like the wand needs replacing..I was able to remove the wand but cant work out how to get to the brass part out of the machine so I was wondering if anyone else has replaced this part themselves and might have any ideas on how to do this.

  • #2
    Re: Breville 800es Wand Replacement

    Originally posted by 7B6069727269080 link=1339198741/0#0 date=1339198741
    ..I was able to remove the wand but cant work out how to get to the brass part out of the machine so I was wondering if anyone else has replaced this part themselves and might have any ideas on how to do this.
    If youre referring to the brass part that the wand nut screws onto, are you sure you need to remove it? The ball at the top of the wand has a plastic half cup seat either side of it. One is on the wand side and the other inside the fitting the nut screws on to. There is also a washer above this. If you carefully use a small hook made from wire, you should be able to pull the washer and top cup out I believe.
    You can buy a replacement wand and seals on Ebay for about $25. Put the washer and top half cup inside the top fitting first then slide the nut and bottom half cup over the ball of the new wand and reassemble. Dont overtighten the wand nut or the new cups will be damaged. You can always tighten a little if it leaks. Take note of the order of the half cups and washer when you pull apart.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Breville 800es Wand Replacement

      Originally posted by 587A7D7E57746F6F7A1B0 link=1339198741/1#1 date=1339980982
      The ball at the top of the wand has a plastic half cup seat either side of it. One is on the wand side and the other inside the fitting the nut screws on to. There is also a washer above this.
      These photos may help.


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Breville 800es Wand Replacement

        Originally posted by 103235361F3C272732530 link=1339198741/1#1 date=1339980982
        Put the washer and top half cup inside the top fitting first then slide the nut and bottom half cup over the ball of the new wand and reassemble.
        Shouldnt post after a night on the red. It should read slide the bottom half cup and nut over the wand tip, not ball end.

        Comment

        Working...
        X