X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piamo Espresso Maker for microwave

Hrmm, not sure what to think of this. Interesting

PIAMO_E

Basically, by creating steam in the microwave, the water is forced downwards through the coffee in to the included cup. Interesting method.

I like the idea and it looks good. Sounds like it works just like a An upside down version of a caffettiera.

Comment

Piamo Espresso Maker for microwave

Always interested in brew methods so thought I'd post

Comment

An interesting device/brew method. While it may produce a nice cup of coffee the plastic it is made from is not capable of with-standing 9 bars of internal pressure. As such it doesn't produce espresso any more than a moka pot or Aeropress does. By definition an espresso is made by using 9 bars of pressure to force the hot water through the ground beans.

Java "Bothered by inaccurate descriptions" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Absolutely! Still pretty neat I spose

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM View Post
            Still pretty neat I spose
            Yup!

Java " " phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Re: Piamo Espresso Maker for microwave

Wondering if the microwave will have any effect on the coffee. Fats and oils typically heat quite quickly.

I'd be a little concerned about safety, but mightn't be a bad thing for the office. Now they just need one for steaming milk!

Comment

Was the basket metal? Not sure how metal goes in a microwave? Hmmmm

Comment

Now they just need one for steaming milk!
                  Well, the Bodum milk frother and a microwave, always did it for me before i invested in a HX etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM View Post
                    Was the basket metal? Not sure how metal goes in a microwave? Hmmmm
                    It's only an issue if the metal is close to the wall of the microwave, it appears to be fully enclosed by the plastic so the chances of arcover are basically non-existent.

Comment

Working...
                    X