Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help choosing machine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help choosing machine

    Hi

    I am looking for a budget automatic machine for less than $500, that makes decent coffee and has milk frothing capabilities (NOT a capsule machine).

    So far I am tossing up between the Kogan automatic machine $379 and a Saeco Odea Go V2 ($400)

    Here are links for both of them:
    Kogan
    Commercial non-sponsor link removed per the site posting policy.
    Saeco
    eBay link link removed per the site posting policy.

    Could someone who knows what they are talking about please recommend the machine that will make better coffee and last longer. Also if someone knows of a better machine in this price range please let me know.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Javaphile; 11 June 2013, 10:06 AM. Reason: eBay link removed

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bluebaggas View Post
    Hi

    I am looking for a budget automatic machine for less than $500, that makes decent coffee and has milk frothing capabilities (NOT a capsule machine).

    Could someone who knows what they are talking about please recommend the machine that will make better coffee and last longer. Also if someone knows of a better machine in this price range please let me know.

    Thanks
    I doubt you will find anything "automatic" that makes "decent" coffee for under $500. ...certainly none that i would suggest.
    BUT, if you are prepared to put in a little effort to your coffee making there are many options that can produce very good coffee for that sort of money.
    So, is it "fully auto" only ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by blend52 View Post
      I doubt you will find anything "automatic" that makes "decent" coffee for under $500. ...certainly none that i would suggest.
      BUT, if you are prepared to put in a little effort to your coffee making there are many options that can produce very good coffee for that sort of money.
      So, is it "fully auto" only ?
      Hi

      yeh I am looking for a machine that grinds the beans and makes the coffee and has a steam wand. I don't need a fully auto machine that makes a full coffee with one press of the button. I actually prefer to steam my own milk.
      The style I am looking for is in te links I posted. I just want to know which of the 2 is better.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi,

        I'm guessing you want to skip the grinding and tamping procedure?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dlqkdnf89 View Post
          Hi,

          I'm guessing you want to skip the grinding and tamping procedure?
          Yes that's right. I want the machine to do that.

          I had a saeco magic comfort plus and I really like that machine. The only prob now is I am looking for something around $500

          Comment


          • #6
            Breville Barista express fits your brief- but not your budget.

            Comment

            Working...
            X