Kenwood ES630

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenwood ES630

Hi there guys. This is my first post on Coffee Snobs and I look forward to many great discussions with you all. About 10 years ago I purchased 2 domestic machines. A Breville 800 Series and a Kenwood EON ES630. Soon after and for whatever reason I then had them both in storage for about 5 years. After finally taking them back out I tried to use them. The Kenwood worked like the day I bought it....flawlessly. The Breville, well basically suffered from multi-point seizures. I took it to Bravo repairs in St.Peters and they basically told me that it was not worth fixing. The pump had seized , the solenoid was gone and the seals needed replacing amongst other things.

When I bought the Kenwood I bought it on the basis that according to Choice Magazine, it was the best buy in it's category. Well I can't argue with that. Back then it cost me about $270 and the espresso it produces is excellent relative to the price I paid. I am still stunned that the Breville had so many problems coming out of storage and the Kenwood had none. So anyway I thought I would share this story with you guys.

Regardless, recently I was looking at spare parts for my Kenwood (namely Appliance Parts & Electrical Accessories for Home Appliances | Currys Partmaster.co.uk) (in case I ever need any). More recently I have been looking at espresso machines that use a naked portafilter and LOVE the crema it produces. Although I would love to buy a Lelit Mara, that may not happen for quite some time, so if there is anyone out there who owns a Kenwood ES630 would they happen to know if there is a naked portafilter available for this machine?)

Many Thanks

John

Hi John,

A few people on here have converted their standard portafilters into naked ones by sawing off the bottom and grinding/polishing it down.
    If you do a search for naked portafilter conversions you should find a couple of helpful threads.

Cheers, Dave
    Last edited by DaveD; 21 July 2015, 08:05 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Thanks Very much Dave

John

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD View Post
        Hi John,

A few people on here have converted their standard portafilters into naked ones by sawing off the bottom and grinding/polishing it down.
        If you do a search for naked portafilter conversions you should find a couple of helpful threads.

Cheers, Dave
        IF it is brass or aluminium (most early p/f's were brass) just use a holesaw that fits exactly in the INSIDE of the p/f with enough depth to do the job. Often sawing the bottom off reduces the rigidity of the p/f.

Tamp"seen one explode"It (with nod to Java"brilliant inserts"phile).

Comment

Working...
        X